+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The League Title ?

The League Title ?

The cherry on the cake or what , never known anything like this in my time going in to the last league of the season , we could either ...

Win the league

Get promoted automatically by finishing second .

End up in the play offs .

Feckin hell , it's mental .

That's what's so tantalising about it right now Animal. We're on the brink of brilliance and disaster all at once here and none of us know what's going to happen.

The title is a superb bonus if we manage to achieve it, but auto promotion is/was always our main aim and that's what we must focus on, winning our own game.

After that loss at Burton recently that put us down to 3rd, and Sunderland had all those games in hand... I'd have have jumped at this chance of promotion being in our own hands for the final game!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That's what's so tantalising about it right now Animal. We're on the brink of brilliance and disaster all at once here and none of us know what's going to happen.

The title is a superb bonus if we manage to achieve it, but auto promotion is/was always our main aim and that's what we must focus on, winning our own game.

After that loss at Burton recently that put us down to 3rd, and Sunderland had all those games in hand... I'd have have jumped at this chance of promotion being in our own hands for the final game!.
    Unless Peterborough do us the mother of all favours on tuesday night .

Nar that ain't happening , I've zilch faith in Peterborough , the feckers can't even help themselves going on today's result .

We just have to take care of our own result on Saturday and that’s that! Having said that I will be shouting for Posh on Tuesday.
    As for the title it’s still Luton’s to lose so what will be will be.
    There are only 2 teams unbeaten at home in the whole EFL and that’s us and Luton so i’m Hoping Oxford get a draw on Saturday.
    I’m so proud of my team tonight, so many battling performances this season to get a result and unbeaten at home all season is an outstanding effort.

The only loss at home this season (if you can call it that), was drawing with Man City's kids in the cup and going out on pens.
    But who remembers things like that eh lol.

Peterbrough have had enough chances recently to pull level with Donny, and surely they will blow it once and for all at Pompey midweek. And don't expect Sunderland to blow it either at Fleetwoon & dirty Barton!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The cherry on the cake or what , never known anything like this in my time going in to the last league of the season , we could either ...

Win the league

Get promoted automatically by finishing second .

End up in the play offs .

Feckin hell , it's mental .
    You owe me a couple of drinks.
    I did say pre-season you would be promoted. It's in your own hands, to slip up now would be criminal.
    Good luck against Bristol Rovers, 91 points or a possible 94 pts and unbeaten at home is some achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    You owe me a couple of drinks.
    I did say pre-season you would be promoted. It's in your own hands, to slip up now would be criminal.
    Good luck against Bristol Rovers, 91 points or a possible 94 pts and unbeaten at home is some achievement.
    Thanks frank , sorry to see you go down yesterday mate , battled really well for Warne but just came up short .

With some decent recruitment you should be challenging the top 6 next season .

Good luck to the millers next season .