+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barnsley v Blackpool Match Thread

Emotional mate.
    Fair play to Blackpool, nowt to play for but huffed and puffed.
    Didn’t roll over and decent comments from their manager. Hope their club and fans get more from next season now they have their club back

Only thing that's gone wrong this afternoon was Greggs running out of sausage rolls.

Lindsay scores the winner. Perfect.

Despite the tension in the first half, the reds managed the 2nd very well. Pretty much one way traffic, thankfully otherwise i may have a few more grey hairs! Could and should have been 3 or 4 but job done and results couldn't have gone better.
    what a spirit there is in this team. Stendel, Woodrow and Browny were all mobbed during the lap of appreciation and stendel looked like he was absolutely buzzing....

not sure why but even 0-1 down was not too worried, awful conditions but most of the game we did try to play the ball on the deck - Still not over the line yet but a massive result and other games going our way

HAPPY DAYS!

And despite losing recently to Portsmouth, credit once again to Burton for beating one of the top teams.
    Blacky had now to play for but I was worried that nerves or bad luck might hurt us today.
    The excitement is building now and it's definitely back in our hands.

I don’t think that Mr Clough (junior) would roll the shutters down and prepare for the seasons end until it’s finished. He would have been brought up with the ethic that you go out to win in everything you do. You do it to to best of your ability and play the game right.
    His father would have taught him that. Respect to both. We have had close ties with Burton as regards Stephen Croft incident, yet they afforded us no favours when visiting their ground and needing points. How it should be. That’s how respect in the game for clubs and people is earned.
    We stayed up a few years ago at Huddersfield playing a “Clever game” and sent Peterborough down. Was it right to do that? Our club probably lost some respect that day. At the time it felt good, yet it’s only on days like today, when teams like Burton. Who have nothing to play for but turn out and play a proper game to beat Luton and give us a chance of the Championship do you question it.
    Blackpool came today, and played to win. We were better, and yet I didn’t see any “Sandals packed, ready for the beach” Respect to them too. Makes today’s performance more worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    not sure why but even 0-1 down was not too worried, awful conditions but most of the game we did try to play the ball on the deck - Still not over the line yet but a massive result and other games going our way

HAPPY DAYS!
    Same, was confident continuing our good home form

Wiv dun o'reyt sooa far but we ent wun owt yit.

Al save mi praise 'til next Setdi ( if results gu reyt forruz ).

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I don’t think that Mr Clough (junior) would roll the shutters down and prepare for the seasons end until it’s finished. He would have been brought up with the ethic that you go out to win in everything you do. You do it to to best of your ability and play the game right.
    His father would have taught him that. Respect to both. We have had close ties with Burton as regards Stephen Croft incident, yet they afforded us no favours when visiting their ground and needing points. How it should be. That’s how respect in the game for clubs and people is earned.
    We stayed up a few years ago at Huddersfield playing a “Clever game” and sent Peterborough down. Was it right to do that? Our club probably lost some respect that day. At the time it felt good, yet it’s only on days like today, when teams like Burton. Who have nothing to play for but turn out and play a proper game to beat Luton and give us a chance of the Championship do you question it.
    Blackpool came today, and played to win. We were better, and yet I didn’t see any “Sandals packed, ready for the beach” Respect to them too. Makes today’s performance more worthy.
    Some good points there Jules and food for thought .

I wonder what would have happened next week at Bristol Rovers if Rovers needed a point to be certain of staying up and ourselves automatic promotion ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Some good points there Jules and food for thought .

I wonder what would have happened next week at Bristol Rovers if Rovers needed a point to be certain of staying up and ourselves automatic promotion ?
    Quite probably a result would have been contrived. We’d be all happy, yet some other team would lose its respect for us like Peterborough did. I can’t say it’s right nor wrong really. Just feels uneasy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12