+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2019

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Just watching the game back in "game in 40" on Gamepass.

SF should have won this game, that simple.

Kudos to Mahomes et al, but I think this one is on Shannahan.

He has now called offensive plays in two SBs, his fourth quarter numbers are 40-0 against, 46-0 if you count OT.

Down 24-20 at 1:49, ball at midfield, 3 timeouts, he's run the ball well enough all day, so he throws four passes and turns it over on downs.

At that 1st and ten I was reckoning SF's only problem was scoring too early and leaving Mahomes time to win it, going away from the run made no sense.
    Prior to that about 5 or 6 out he calls two passes on 2nd and 5 and goes three and out, rabbit in the headlights stuff.

I thought both of the big pens were right, but both unnecessary.

The OPI Kittle had no need to push off, the end zone PI the DB has to get turned and make the play.

I also agree with what was said about the go ahead TD, it was close but too close to overturn.
    That was third down so if they kick the FG and tie it it would've been interesting.

Anyway congrats to "Ryan Tannapint" on winning the play off challenge, thanks to Aldo for keeping me off the bottom of the table (fu ck ing Baltimore Ravens......) and I'll start bugging a'body in the late summer about next year's fantasy,
    Yep - got to agree with most of that. As I said above, we had that game won after the second interception. Just really poor play calls and execution.

Shanahan has done a great job - as has Lynch as we were 4-12 last season remember - but he lost the plot Q4 there. Hopefully he learns from it.

The play calls by the officials were ridiculous though. No issue with the TD being allowed to stand - very close - though quite how the line judge can know for definite that's a TD is beyond me, but some of the other calls were just shyte.

Kittle interference - b'ollocks. Its a fuucking Superbowl, let them play.

There was an almost identical "foul" on Sanders not long after - not called. If we're gonna not allow contact then it needs to be consistent.

There was a blatant offside jump by the KC offensive line later on at a key moment too. I mean it wasnt even close. Not called.

One or two other questionable 50/50's too.

That said that's not why we lost, we blew it, pure & simple. Two opportunities to go up the field and score in Q4 to put it to bed and we're pretty much 3 & out both times - not good enough.

Peronally, I dont rate Garoppolo. Just dont think we has it at the top level. Not in the same league as a Rusell Wilson or Mahomes.

Joe Montana or Steve Young back there - we win that Superbowl pure and simple.

Its a young team & a young coach though so plenty to be optimistic about for the next few years. We've been utterly shyte for the best part of 20 years so its just great to have a decent team to watch again to be honest.

I remember the offside jump, but is there not a rule that if the lineman "re-establishes" (is that the wording?) pre snap it's ok?
    The Kittle one, yeah soft. Seen them called, seen them not called but you're bang on about consistency.
    The PI rules need clarification.

I was listening to a podcast today and David Carr made the point that Mahomes missed a load more throws than Jim G, but made crucial plays at the right time

I'm just more baffled by Shannahan deserting the run.

DeAndre Hopkins off to the Cardinals. (Insert Patrick Bateman nodding gif here)

Miami pay Erick Flowers £30 mil for three years.

As someone who watched Flowers stink it up at Tackle I cannot comprehend he's improved that much at Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    DeAndre Hopkins off to the Cardinals. (Insert Patrick Bateman nodding gif here)
    Sounds a terrible deal for the Texans, Johnson had a very poor year and Hopkins is a star.

Johnson was hurt though, he's a high end back when healthy.

Hopkins is top drawer but there seems to be whispers of friction between him and O'Brien.

Now that Brady is a free agent, I wonder if we could sign him to play in the quarterback role vacated by Kenny McLean

Cam Newton kicking off.

Brady to Tampa, Bridgewater to Carolina, Rivers to Indi.......and Jason Witten to The Raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Brady to Tampa, Bridgewater to Carolina, Rivers to Indi.......and Jason Witten to The Raiders!
    Result! Witten’s been killing the Giants for years

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast