+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grounds info

Grounds info

Cracking read that Gaz, thank you

Would have loved to visited West Ham stadium but it was before my time but i seen loads of pictures of it and it was huge.
    Bet the dogs loved running around the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Would have loved to visited West Ham stadium but it was before my time but i seen loads of pictures of it and it was huge.
    Bet the dogs loved running around the track.
    Been there done it.. Backed a few winners as well.. Lol

What I do like about old photos of football grounds is the almost total absence of police and stewards around the pitches........why was it like that years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    What I do like about old photos of football grounds is the almost total absence of police and stewards around the pitches........why was it like that years ago?
    Because people had respect for each other and themselves Frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Been there done it.. Backed a few winners as well.. Lol
    What was you doing at West Ham dogs Alf?
    Got lost looking for Soho ? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Because people had respect for each other and themselves Frenchy
    Donny..when I first started going to the Den in the 57/58 season I doubt if there were more than a dozen Coppers on duty and they spent 95% of their time watching the match!

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Donny..when I first started going to the Den in the 57/58 season I doubt if there were more than a dozen Coppers on duty and they spent 95% of their time watching the match!
    When I first went to watch Barnsley it was a time when the idiots were at it most games around 1980. There were police all over.
    That's what I loved about whatching rugby league. No fan segregation. You could mingle and have banter with the other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    When I first went to watch Barnsley it was a time when the idiots were at it most games around 1980. There were police all over.
    That's what I loved about whatching rugby league. No fan segregation. You could mingle and have banter with the other fans.
    The violence is on the pitch not on the terraces!! I used to like watching Rugby League on a Saturday if I couldn’t get to a football game. Sometimes (often) you would get two bruisers knocking 7 bells out of each other and Eddy Warring saying “ They are only playing!” Over here I been to a few 6 nations games and it’s the same...no segregation, Great atmosphere, lots of fun..particularly with the Irish.