+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Sent a question in @12,only had 1 up till then,only replied to 6 since.Must be hard work picking the easy ones out,although did use the name Mike Hunt
    That's where you went wrong. You should have used the name Hugh Jarse

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I disagree here, before Ardley came (and the transfer window) we were shipping on average 3 a game, that has now stopped and whilst we aren't great, we have improved! There is not that much you can do when you're rooted to the bottom of the table shipping 3 goals a game and have a Chairman who's gone bust (or at least where the money came from has gone!) Whilst exposing himself accidentally on Twitter. We can blame Ardley all we want but in those circumstances, I'm shocked that we are still in the hunt of safety, we should be long gone
    We were out of the bottom two when Kewell was sacked. In the four games before Ardley joined we'd conceded 0,3,1,1. Kewell only saw the opposition score more than two on one occassion after his first two in charge, the three or more goals against every game was Nolan's run.

There are three things that worry me about Ardley. First is his inability to stop us conceding goals from crosses. The second is the lack of ability to break teams down. Last but the most troubling is what is his style of play? After half a season I still haven't got a notion of given carte blanch on transfers, how the team would play.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    That's where you went wrong. You should have used the name Hugh Jarse
    And now a question from Spain, submitted by Russell's illegitimate Iberian son, Juan King

Told ya.Mine not mentioned.Picks the easy ones.Waste of space

A question I'd like to ask that could never be answered definitively is "What would have happened had decisions gone for us v Cov last May and we'd got promoted via the play-offs last season?".
    Seeing how Nolan spent the money in the summer, would we have had a squad prepared for life in L1? Would we have still fallen into financial difficulty?
    I suspect we would be in the same predicament as we are now, only one league higher, but it does make you wonder just how much that ref may have changed the course of our history.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ardley was handed the wheel to the Titanic just as the iceberg came into view.
    And instead of turning the wheel to change direction, he put his foot on the accelerator*.

* I'm sure navypie will tell me the correct term for the accelerator on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And instead of turning the wheel to change direction, he put his foot on the accelerator*.

* I'm sure navypie will tell me the correct term for the accelerator on a boat.
    It's the oar or in our case, saddle, seeing as we are up Chit Creek without one.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Sent a question in @12,only had 1 up till then,only replied to 6 since.Must be hard work picking the easy ones out,although did use the name Mike Hunt
    Scoop has mentioned this on his Twitter feed you naughty scamp. He’s not falling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I disagree here, before Ardley came (and the transfer window) we were shipping on average 3 a game, that has now stopped and whilst we aren't great, we have improved! There is not that much you can do when you're rooted to the bottom of the table shipping 3 goals a game and have a Chairman who's gone bust (or at least where the money came from has gone!) Whilst exposing himself accidentally on Twitter. We can blame Ardley all we want but in those circumstances, I'm shocked that we are still in the hunt of safety, we should be long gone
    There is no defending him he has done a terrible job his points per game ratio is worse than all the managers Fullarton apart since the trust era.

We aren't letting many goals in as you say as Ardley is boring and keeps players behind the ball.

He isn't solely to blame but he took over with us out of the bottom 2 and is part of the problem.

Not much point moaning about him anyway he will be gone in 9 days time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast