+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    There is no defending him he has done a terrible job his points per game ratio is worse than all the managers Fullarton apart since the trust era.

We aren't letting many goals in as you say as Ardley is boring and keeps players behind the ball.

He isn't solely to blame but he took over with us out of the bottom 2 and is part of the problem.

Not much point moaning about him anyway he will be gone in 9 days time.
    Look at Fat Sam's record here before *THAT* season! You can't fix what is fundamentally broken in a mid season transfer window where 80% of your targets turn you down because of issues that are out of your control

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Look at Fat Sam's record here before *THAT* season! You can't fix what is fundamentally broken in a mid season transfer window where 80% of your targets turn you down because of issues that are out of your control

Relegation and promotion between divisions is something this club has done since more than one division existed, but the notion that you'd somehow want to keep a manager who'd overseen your exit from FL............................*speechless*

As I have said before Big Sam took over with us in deep relegation trouble so he took over in a harder position.

Ardley took over us OUTSIDE of the relegation places that is a FACT.

As for his 80% didn't want to join I couldn't care less about his excuses he has only said that as he knows the big "R" is going to be next to our name soon, what Ardley didn't clarify was who did he try to sign & were they realistic ?

He cannot moan he signed 8 players who on paper would command decent wages the sooner he goes the better sick of seeing people defend him with he hasn't had long enough & he is a nice man......Fred an 80 year old man down the road is a nice man doesn't mean he can manage a football club.

He can start by ATTACKING a team then he might have had control of our position its too late now the damage is done.

Using Sam Allardyce as an example of why we should stick with a manager after failing to prevent a relegation is a bit silly when you take into account what Sam has achieved since. Surely nobody believes Ardley is a future Premier League manager in the making, never mind an England one.

The last manager we stuck with after a relegation*** was Gary Mills for god's sake. Even Warnock couldn't halt the slide once we began falling backwards, we had to make a change to avoid a double relegation.

***other than Moniz who took over very late in the day, so doesn't really count.

If by some major miracle, we can take it to the last match, wonder if our owner will provide the same? Errr, no !!!

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...travel-2803920

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Using Sam Allardyce as an example of why we should stick with a manager after failing to prevent a relegation is a bit silly when you take into account what Sam has achieved since. Surely nobody believes Ardley is a future Premier League manager in the making, never mind an England one.

The last manager we stuck with after a relegation*** was Gary Mills for god's sake. Even Warnock couldn't halt the slide once we began falling backwards, we had to make a change to avoid a double relegation.

***other than Moniz who took over very late in the day, so doesn't really count.
    Did anyone think Big Sam would go on to do what he did? I don't think so

As I have said before Big Sam took over with us in deep relegation trouble so he took over in a harder position.

As for his 80% didn't want to join I couldn't care less about his excuses he has only said that as he knows the big "R" is going to be next to our name soon, what Ardley didn't clarify was who did he try to sign & were they realistic ?

He cannot moan he signed 8 players who on paper would command decent wages the sooner he goes the better sick of seeing people defend him with he hasn't had long enough & he is a nice man......Fred an 80 year old man down the road is a nice man doesn't mean he can manage a football club.

He can start by ATTACKING a team then he might have had control of our position its too late now the damage is done.
    We were out of the relegation zone because of three wins on the bounce under Kewell. If not for those, we'd been in much deeper issues and the teams below is were catching us up, yes he took over out of the relegation zone but there isn't much you could do with that squad.

His 8 signings had to be countered with 8 out goings, he also couldn't bring in the players he wanted as they didn't want to come, I don't think he wanted a centre back and goalie unit with an average age of 20, but that's what he had to work with. He's had to sticking plaster an appalling and bloated squad, I for one would like to see what he could do with a blank canvass that he should get next season

The point is that Allardyce was a once in a club's lifetiime exception. Every other failure has proved to be just that, a failure. No it's not good to keep sacking managers but supporters were saying that when Fullarton and Kiwomya were in charge and that's a not a reason to stick with serial losers.
    I'd be absolutely stunned if the new owners stuck with Ardley, new owners tend to want to bring their own man regardless of how the club is doing at the time, keeping Ardley on after relegation would be more surreal than Sven being unveiled.

If you check upthemaggies website you'll find that we were 23rd when Ardley took over, the same as when Allardyce took over. (Don't forget Chettle was in charge for 3 games after Kewell was sacked).

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/ncfc201819.html

No, of course not, and that's what makes this game so hard. If Sam had been in charge under Trew or Hardy, he'd have been sacked after, or even before, we were relegated, and the fans would have agreed with the decision. So we never would have bounced back first time. But as someone else pointed out, managers like Big Sam are rare. Leaving a manager in charge after a relegation because of the 1/100 chance he'll be the next Big Sam is daft.

Ardley came in with a simple remit: keep Notts County in the league. I agree that he walked into a tough situation, but it wasn't that tough. Sol Campbell arrived at Macc with them cut adrift at the bottom, and bugger all money to bring new players in. In comparison, Ardley's situation looks like luxury. If he fails, he has to go. Really, he should walk.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast