+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Mike: Hi Leigh, a lot of fans are blaming the manager for our current predicament. My view is that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances, and should be backed to carry on next year whichever league we end up playing in. What are your thoughts?

Hi Mike, I have nothing but admiration for the way Neal Ardley has conducted himself since his arrival. He is a good man, he is an honest man and is gracious with it too. He has connected to the club and clearly he is hurting. You have to remember, he’s had one transfer window in which the quality of player he was able to attract was dictated by the league position. Eighty per cent of the players he wanted to sign wouldn’t come because of the league position. He didn’t want to have to pin his hopes on young players at CB, but that was the best he could get. He has won promotion, and has beaten relegation with AFC Wimbledon before. He has proven to be a good manager and there were not many dissenting voices when he arrived. He stuck by Notts when nobody would have blamed him for walking earlier in the season. As I’ve said before, he was handed the wheel to the Titanic just as the iceberg came into view.

Unfortunately, it was Ardley who was the iceberg, IMO.
    I asked the question, because i genuinely think Ardley is a decent manager. Think Leigh gave a fairly reasoned reply. I don't often get my questions answered either Gump. I know many on here don't like Ardley, but I'd like to see what he could do with his own set of players and a full season in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    We were out of the relegation zone because of three wins on the bounce under Kewell. If not for those, we'd been in much deeper issues and the teams below is were catching us up, yes he took over out of the relegation zone but there isn't much you could do with that squad.

His 8 signings had to be countered with 8 out goings, he also couldn't bring in the players he wanted as they didn't want to come, I don't think he wanted a centre back and goalie unit with an average age of 20, but that's what he had to work with. He's had to sticking plaster an appalling and bloated squad, I for one would like to see what he could do with a blank canvass that he should get next season
    So Kewell won matches thats why we were out the bottom two haha thats my point I made it clear when he got sacked it was an error and so its turned out.

As Keane said Man Utd players throw Mourinho under the bus they will do the same to Ole.....Kewell quickly spotted this but got sacked as players didnt like him.

Yes he wouldnt want a young backline but he signed players no better than what we had and im sure Sol Campbell had the same problem but he has got on with his job gained 7/8 points whilst Ardley says we were 8 points behind which is correct but he put us there and as for he lost 8 players have we missed them ?

You may like Ardley fair enough but I will not change my opinion of him he is useless.

So he looks at Mad then.😂At work so can't see his twitter

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  18.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Don't forget Chettle was in charge for 3 games after Kewell was sacked.

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/ncfc201819.html
    And wasn't that because Ardley wouldn't return from his holiday? Which should have told Hardy something about his strength of character and commitment to the cause. Fair enough, his family comes first.... so leave him to it. That's the point we should have looked elsewhere.

Can't beat a bit of wit.Could at least answer the fcuking question

His mate reckons it was him who also works in the redrag,but I can assure him it was me.Used it before.Can tell him what the questions were today to prove it

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I asked the question, because i genuinely think Ardley is a decent manager. Think Leigh gave a fairly reasoned reply. I don't often get my questions answered either Gump. I know many on here don't like Ardley, but I'd like to see what he could do with his own set of players and a full season in charge.
    But how do his teams play? Still no closer to that answer. Did he just get in whoever he could in Jan and think enough big names will be able to pull it off? I don't know what type of manager he is so not sure we can know whether he'd be good or not given all he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    But how do his teams play? Still no closer to that answer.
    5-3-2 in a must win game. That tells you all you need to know. OGS was mentioned above and he did the same against Man City. That's Man United playing 5-3-2. **** off, these people need throwing under a bus.

Normal service has resumed with him

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast