+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoop

Scoop

doing a webchat from noon

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    doing a webchat from noon

He does them most Mon & Fri's.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-leigh-2799545

knew he did them Mondays.Waste of space though,sent many a question this season & early for them never to appear.Likes the simple ruffle no feathers ones.

Martin: Hi Leigh, is just me or is anyone else thinking the South Africans are delaying things until we know what division we are in. I reckon they will pull out if we go down.

Hi Martin, the SA consortium has this week officially submitted its deal for the club which has been graded on league position and I believe that is with the lawyers now. Until the club’s fate is decided, I don’t think we will hear anything. If Notts take it to the final day then I would presume that mid-May will be when we welcome the new owners which fits in with what I was told last week. They are not put off by Notts being relegated, but I was told an announcement this week was always going to be optimistic especially while the club doesn’t know which division it will be in.

J. Romberg: If Notts do get relegated next week what do you think will the future holds for the club? Is Meadow Lane a realistic option for a Non-League team, and considering the significant redevelopment afoot around Meadow Lane, could this impact the 'peppercorn' rent deal with the Hayden Green estate that I understand to only be valid should we remain a league club?

Hi J Romberg, I don’t believe relegation will have any impact on the lease. Haydn Green wanted to give Notts a home for life and the lease has got another 140-odd years to run yet. I don’t see the Haydn Green Trust doing anything to jeopardise that. You can’t just move a team out of its stadium and besides where would it go? Meadow Lane is one of the crown jewels of the city.

Mike: Hi Leigh, a lot of fans are blaming the manager for our current predicament. My view is that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances, and should be backed to carry on next year whichever league we end up playing in. What are your thoughts?

Hi Mike, I have nothing but admiration for the way Neal Ardley has conducted himself since his arrival. He is a good man, he is an honest man and is gracious with it too. He has connected to the club and clearly he is hurting. You have to remember, he’s had one transfer window in which the quality of player he was able to attract was dictated by the league position. Eighty per cent of the players he wanted to sign wouldn’t come because of the league position. He didn’t want to have to pin his hopes on young players at CB, but that was the best he could get. He has won promotion, and has beaten relegation with AFC Wimbledon before. He has proven to be a good manager and there were not many dissenting voices when he arrived. He stuck by Notts when nobody would have blamed him for walking earlier in the season. As I’ve said before, he was handed the wheel to the Titanic just as the iceberg came into view.

Unfortunately, it was Ardley who was the iceberg, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Martin: Hi Leigh, is just me or is anyone else thinking the South Africans are delaying things until we know what division we are in. I reckon they will pull out if we go down.

Hi Martin, the SA consortium has this week officially submitted its deal for the club which has been graded on league position and I believe that is with the lawyers now. Until the club’s fate is decided, I don’t think we will hear anything. If Notts take it to the final day then I would presume that mid-May will be when we welcome the new owners which fits in with what I was told last week. They are not put off by Notts being relegated, but I was told an announcement this week was always going to be optimistic especially while the club doesn’t know which division it will be in.
    If Notts weren't in the situation we are in,then I would think this would have been done & dusted by now

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Mike: Hi Leigh, a lot of fans are blaming the manager for our current predicament. My view is that he has done a good job in difficult circumstances, and should be backed to carry on next year whichever league we end up playing in. What are your thoughts?

Hi Mike, I have nothing but admiration for the way Neal Ardley has conducted himself since his arrival. He is a good man, he is an honest man and is gracious with it too. He has connected to the club and clearly he is hurting. You have to remember, he’s had one transfer window in which the quality of player he was able to attract was dictated by the league position. Eighty per cent of the players he wanted to sign wouldn’t come because of the league position. He didn’t want to have to pin his hopes on young players at CB, but that was the best he could get. He has won promotion, and has beaten relegation with AFC Wimbledon before. He has proven to be a good manager and there were not many dissenting voices when he arrived. He stuck by Notts when nobody would have blamed him for walking earlier in the season. As I’ve said before, he was handed the wheel to the Titanic just as the iceberg came into view.

Unfortunately, it was Ardley who was the iceberg, IMO.
    I disagree here, before Ardley came (and the transfer window) we were shipping on average 3 a game, that has now stopped and whilst we aren't great, we have improved! There is not that much you can do when you're rooted to the bottom of the table shipping 3 goals a game and have a Chairman who's gone bust (or at least where the money came from has gone!) Whilst exposing himself accidentally on Twitter. We can blame Ardley all we want but in those circumstances, I'm shocked that we are still in the hunt of safety, we should be long gone

Sent a question in @12,only had 1 up till then,only replied to 6 since.Must be hard work picking the easy ones out,although did use the name Mike Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I disagree here, before Ardley came (and the transfer window) we were shipping on average 3 a game, that has now stopped and whilst we aren't great, we have improved! There is not that much you can do when you're rooted to the bottom of the table shipping 3 goals a game and have a Chairman who's gone bust (or at least where the money came from has gone!) Whilst exposing himself accidentally on Twitter. We can blame Ardley all we want but in those circumstances, I'm shocked that we are still in the hunt of safety, we should be long gone
    We shouldn't be in the hunt but safe.His tactics in games are shocking

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast