+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell King Finally Jailed

Russell King Finally Jailed

Thanks countygump for spotting this excellent piece of news... I thought it was something that most definitely deserved it's own thread. One of the only remotely positive pieces of news related to Notts in a long, long time.

"Handing down the six-year sentence, Royal Court Commissioner Julian Clyde-Smith, presiding, informed the Court that the full reasons for the sentence would be detailed in a judgement to follow at a later date, but he characterised King's crimes as "very serious offences motivated entirely by greed" and that they were "gratuitous in nature."

"King was also disqualified from being a Director of any company for a period of ten years before being taken back into custody by an unmarked Police car."

https://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy.../#.XMLmtehKhnL
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-04-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Thanks countygump for spotting this excellent piece of news... I thought it was something that most definitely deserved it's own thread. One of the only remotely positive pieces of news related to Notts in a long, long time.

"Handing down the six-year sentence, Royal Court Commissioner Julian Clyde-Smith, presiding, informed the Court that the full reasons for the sentence would be detailed in a judgement to follow at a later date, but he characterised King's crimes as "very serious offences motivated entirely by greed" and that they were "gratuitous in nature."

"King was also disqualified from being a Director of any company for a period of ten years before being taken back into custody by an unmarked Police car."

Justice.
    I wonder if Notts can now bring a civil case and claim compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

This is just one particular case. No sentencing about all the other fraud he committed.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    Justice.
    I wonder if Notts can now bring a civil case and claim compensation.
    We might have trouble proving that we had suffered material losses as a result of what he did. Hardy wasted more on relegating us.