Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: A rare live TV appearance tonight

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,066

    A rare live TV appearance tonight

    Even rarer is that it isn't in Gaelic and we will be able to understand the commentary! Seriously though , another massive game at the bottom with 6 ( SIX) teams still capable of going down. When on earth has this situation ever arose with two games to go ? I hope at least one ( but hopefully both) Mercer and McGuire make it as the thought of putting Brownlie or Fordyce in at the back doesn't leave me with much confidence. A draw would be a great result and strike a psychological blow to those around about us in the relegation tussle . Let's be honest and say the reason this game was selected is that the BBC want to see Champs elect County land the title in style tonight . Can we poke a stick in their plans? We will find out soon enough now .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    8,303
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Even rarer is that it isn't in Gaelic and we will be able to understand the commentary! Seriously though , another massive game at the bottom with 6 ( SIX) teams still capable of going down. When on earth has this situation ever arose with two games to go ? I hope at least one ( but hopefully both) Mercer and McGuire make it as the thought of putting Brownlie or Fordyce in at the back doesn't leave me with much confidence. A draw would be a great result and strike a psychological blow to those around about us in the relegation tussle . Let's be honest and say the reason this game was selected is that the BBC want to see Champs elect County land the title in style tonight . Can we poke a stick in their plans? We will find out soon enough now .


    Iím hearing itís the exact same starting 11 as the Dunfermline game on Saturday.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Iím hearing itís the exact same starting 11 as the Dunfermline game on Saturday.
    Good luck Queens and to the 31 die - hard fans on the Travel Club bus plus any other Doonhamers who have travelled up to the Highlands.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Good luck Queens and to the 31 die - hard fans on the Travel Club bus plus any other Doonhamers who have travelled up to the Highlands.
    The away support continue to do the club and the town proud as always now its up to the lads on the pitch. Mon the South.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,292
    Decent first half and not deserving to be 1-0 down, then two quickfire goals in the first 9 minutes of the 2nd half....3-0

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,424
    Our goals advantage is slowly disappearing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,292
    4-0 and Minus 4....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,066
    One Cup Final left. No excuses, we have to give it everything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Our goals advantage is slowly disappearing
    A bright opening 20 minutes and then our old achilles heel kicked in with 3 of the goals from a corner / crosses. We must have lost 20 plus goals this season with inept goalkeeping / poor central defending. Massive improvement needed next season whatever league we are in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,970
    29 from crosses. Dreadful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersouth1919 View Post
    29 from crosses. Dreadful.
    Our crossing / corners last night were dreadful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,066
    Gary Naysmith an international defender who played at the highest level in England. If anything, you'd think we should be better defensively.

  13. #13
    Was Nicky Low on the bench, if yes why was not brought on

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    Was Nicky Low on the bench, if yes why was not brought on
    He was on the bench and Yes he was brought on!!

  15. #15
    Watched it in the pub, missed Low coming on, they changed it over for the Liverpool game

  16. #16
    i see big jim thomsons diving company sponsored the game last night ,big jt there shaking hands with the ross co chairman and pic taken pitchside ,nice touch by big jim .

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Gary Naysmith an international defender who played at the highest level in England. If anything, you'd think we should be better defensively.
    That second goal was shocking. Just a simple man on the back post keeps that out, something we never seem to do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •