+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pet dog stolen while walking it

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    My girlfriend
    Er.....

My personal feeling is that no-one should ever.purchase any dog, pedigree or otherwise, until every single dog shelter is empty.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    My personal feeling is that no-one should ever.purchase any dog, pedigree or otherwise, until every single dog shelter is empty.
    I agree. My one and only dog (RIP) was from the Dogs Trust and my one and only cat was rescued by my wife.

I also agree Sneckie. She had the dogs before I started seeing her, but in her defence she loves dogs, spent a month at a dog sanctuary in Romania and ended up adopting and bringing one over. The poor wee thing was found with a broken jaw and various other injuries. Strays in Romania are treated horribly! She also does charity events regularly for the Romanian shelter and is a go between for potential adopters.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Er.....
    I refer you to an edit I made to a post on page one

Here’s another stolen dog in Edinburgh at Portobello. This one in March. Travellers caravans nearby.. I’m not saying it was them but they are known to be involved in dog fighting.. that’s where I’d be looking first.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...-1-4883226/amp

I refer you to an edit I made to a post on page one

Here’s another stolen dog in Edinburgh at Portobello. This one in March. Travellers caravans nearby.. I’m not saying it was them but they are known to be involved in dog fighting.. that’s where I’d be looking first.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...-1-4883226/amp
    Have you seen that car park at Portobello? It's always been a well known stopping place for campervans but they used to just stay a night or 2 then move on. Now it's full of tin pot, shacks on wheels and they have been there for months. Mouldy old caravans and old transits with wood burners built in to them. Even something that can only be described as a garden shed on wheels.

You never see the occupants on the go much though. It's turned in to a right sh*t hole since that cafe/pub closed down on the corner.

Sooner we get this dog watching vigilante group on the go the better.

I also agree Sneckie. She had the dogs before I started seeing her, but in her defence she loves dogs, spent a month at a dog sanctuary in Romania and ended up adopting and bringing one over. The poor wee thing was found with a broken jaw and various other injuries. Strays in Romania are treated horribly! She also does charity events regularly for the Romanian shelter and is a go between for potential adopters.
    We took two dogs from Romania a couple of years ago.
    It's heartbreaking seeing what happens to them over there.

One of ours we still can't touch, can't get a collar on.

He's house trained and everything and we have a decent enough sized garden for him to run about in, but he's still just scared of everything.
    He'll come and get a treat and have a sniff, but try to touch him and he's away.

He's better with the Missus than me, but you just wonder what's happened in his past life to leave him this spooked.

Fair play to her for doing all that like.

The dog I got from the dogs trust had been kicked so badly it broke his hind legs and hip. They reckon he never went to a vet for it. He also had a skin condition due to being fed rubbish and that in turn gave him an eye infection.

When I went to the dogs trust they asked if I'd walk him and half way round he stopped, sat and gave me a paw. Heart melted and we got him a month later after their home visit and checks. Never required a collar all the time we had him. Brilliant dog.

Same with the cat. My missus found him as a kitten curled up in a box in the garage where he went in to die. Covered in flees and with pellets in him. Took him to the vet who reckons he was hours away from dying. Turns out he's a Maine Coon and acts like a loyal dog. Forever bringing in mice, squirrels and birds. Watched him go for three foxes not so long ago as well.

Get your pets from a home!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Get your pets from a home!
    My Denis was from Cats Protection and the best mate ive ever had. Hes f@cking great.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Have you seen that car park at Portobello? It's always been a well known stopping place for campervans but they used to just stay a night or 2 then move on. Now it's full of tin pot, shacks on wheels and they have been there for months. Mouldy old caravans and old transits with wood burners built in to them. Even something that can only be described as a garden shed on wheels.

You never see the occupants on the go much though. It's turned in to a right sh*t hole since that cafe/pub closed down on the corner.

Sooner we get this dog watching vigilante group on the go the better.
    I’ve not been down there in ages. Used to run that way a couple of years back.

Be an idea to put notices up warning dog owners of pets going missing in the area..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast