+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer19 transfer thread

That should have been the key signing last Jan.
    It was As important as recruiting a pacy striker

There's more than one way to win or indeed lose a football match

Given Raggett's injury record, it would be very risky to bring him back, even if he should be good enough for League 1. If we got Vyner back, would we play him at CB, or just hope that he would be better at right back a division down?
    There is a bit of a contradiction that Warney likes to play 4-5-1 AND wingers who hardly ever score, possibly because he was one himself later in his career. Basic tactical mistake there, because if you play that formation, you need wingers, and midfielders, who are regular scorers .

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Mattock to Barnsley ?
    Not a chance , too old at 28 , we only sign players under 24 .

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    There is a bit of a contradiction that Warney likes to play 4-5-1 AND wingers who hardly ever score, possibly because he was one himself later in his career. Basic tactical mistake there, because if you play that formation, you need wingers, and midfielders, who are regular scorers .
    This is the kind of informed contribution that I enjoy reading - it makes me think and see from a different perspective. For all his undoubted qualities in man management surely it is not beyond the pale to argue that Warne's game management and tactical acumen are still quite poor? I don't want to flog the proverbial dead horse but nothing I have seen in games this season remotely justifies the opinion of some on here that we have a "brilliant young manager."

How about promotion in first season and almost keeping us in championship on no money ?

Towners, tempus fugit - it is a well accepted axiom in football that you cannot rest on your laurels and a manager will be judged on the present season. "No money" is an overstatement; Warne repeatedly stated that he was happy with the players at his disposal and the chairman several times stated money was available if the manager asked for it. If you wish to absolve the manager of responsibility for relegation that's up to you but I doubt that more objective judges will consider his performance "brilliant."

Give the guy a break. He's worked miracles this season to keep us competitive.
    It must have been difficult to keep focused with his seriously ill father 4 hours drive away.
    I don't really understand why some are criticising so soon after our fate was sealed.

He needs a rest and to spend some quality time with his Dad not listen to wind ups and whinging from some of our ungrateful fans.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Give the guy a break. He's worked miracles this season to keep us competitive.
    It must have been difficult to keep focused with his seriously ill father 4 hours drive away.
    I don't really understand why some are criticising so soon after our fate was sealed.

He needs a rest and to spend some quality time with his Dad not listen to wind ups and whinging from some of our ungrateful fans.
    Agree entirely.

How about signing a midfielder that plays more than 30 games, manages 4 assists and scores no goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    How about signing a midfielder that plays more than 30 games, manages 4 assists and scores no goals?
    I’d rather we went for Manning although I think Crookes and Wiles will be strong in L1 but we need at least one more

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast