+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer19 transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    I’d rather we went for Manning although I think Crookes and Wiles will be strong in L1 but we need at least one more
    Wiles- yes he's ours he's home grown talent but he's raw and new to full time football. When he first started he was blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes but has slowly and surely got his lungs and shown to be stronger throughout a game. Is he capable of lasting a full 90 'EVERY' game at his age and inexperience playing full games?

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Why did we ship in the second highest number of goals in the league ?I would suggest we need to strengthen in MF where we need a couple of players who can put a tackle in and hold up the ball so I would ship out Williams , Taylor, Forde and Palmer - they haven't got a tackle between them.
    Agree with that, but you’ve forgot Newell who thinks waving a leg constitutes a tackle.

Lee Gregory is out of contract at the end of the season. Although he would prob be happy moving back up north, would he be happy dropping to League 1.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Lee Gregory is out of contract at the end of the season. Although he would prob be happy moving back up north, would he be happy dropping to League 1.
    He's scored tonight v Bristol City, a game they lost.
    Millwall offered him a contract back in January and up to now he's not signed, there's still a possibility that he will sign although
    Neil Harris is pre warning Millwall fans that LG could well be leaving London, where to is anyone's guess.

He's 30, so maybe a move back up north. Although he would want some security of a 3 or 4 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Towners, tempus fugit - it is a well accepted axiom in football that you cannot rest on your laurels and a manager will be judged on the present season. "No money" is an overstatement; Warne repeatedly stated that he was happy with the players at his disposal and the chairman several times stated money was available if the manager asked for it. If you wish to absolve the manager of responsibility for relegation that's up to you but I doubt that more objective judges will consider his performance "brilliant."
    Thank you for educating me I stand corrected.
    'No money' compared to the other teams, but I'm sure someone of your intellect knew that.
    I'm certain Warne takes responsibility for the relegation but only some sort of dick would keep reminding of this fact.

Danny Mayor Bury striker

We have a head start so let’s hope the club use that, no good saying there’s plenty of time because it doesn’t work like that in football.

Learn from past mistakes please

Two of each id like
    Strikers

Freddie Ladapo -Plymouth
    Tyler Walker -Mansfield
    Tom eaves - Gillingham
    Christian doidge - forest green

Midfielders

Chuks Aneke -mkd
    Reece Brown - forest green
    Ashley hunter - fleetwood

[QUOTE=caytonmiller;39206558]Beat me too it Casper
    Ship Yates to Harrogate and try bring in walker and/or ladapo..
    Purrington needs to be used next season or sell him. /QUOTE]

Tyler Walker would be a season long loan and Ladapo would have to be permanent signing.
    Plymouth turned a £400k bid down from Sunderland......do you think he's worth more than £400k ?
    Plymouth are not safe from relegation yet.

Agree about Ben Purrington, time to make a decision.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 01-05-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Decisions...decisions

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast