+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer19 transfer thread

Advertiser says Paul Warnes priority is a goalscoring striker.
    He ought to take a look at Des Walkers lad, Tyler, on loan at Mansfield from Forest and yes I realise it's League 2, somewhere along the line they need to look at young up and coming players and take a chance on one or two.

Best me too it Casper.
    Ship Yates to Harrogate and try bring in walker and/or ladapo..

Ryan boot is a young keeper from non league who could be worth a look.

Purrington needs to be used next season or sell him. Young Alex brown. Sheffield lad at Buxton looks a good prospect

I would also like to see Purrington playing next season. Mattock has actually had a half decent season but I think it's time to put faith in a player we invested in otherwise what another waste of money.

The striker question

We all know that Warne plays variance 4-5-1 whether it’s home or away. As such there’s only one striker as such, ie Smith.

The others are wingers or attacking midfielders

So if we find this much wanted striker and play Smith also then PW has to find a formation with two up front, something he rarely does unless we are chasing a game after falling behind.

New keeper.
    I would try and get Vyner on another loan will be solid in league 1
    1winger and a striker.

Do we try sheff u formation with overlapping centre halves?

If some of the better players leave like Robertson and Ajayi. That leaves wood and Ihekwe. Mattock at centre back, over lapping with purrington on left wing back.

Warne likes 451 so he can play his wingers, but the 4 'wingers we have are poor. Which 1 or 2 do we try to keep. Williams first priority, then likely Warnes favourite Forde.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    New keeper.
    I would try and get Vyner on another loan will be solid in league 1
    1winger and a striker.
    I would also be happy if we went in for Vyner, I didn’t think he’d be good enough at right back but he’s certainly improved there, just think though if he was at CB how good he could be.
    Should also look at maybe getting Raggett, it would do him good to drop in L1 to get himself back to playing regularly.

Keeper and striker is definitely needed, get Agard back.
    Last edited by millertop; 28-04-2019 at 07:28 AM.

Not convinced about Raggett who was very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Not convinced about Raggett who was very slow.
    Yes I said when he went back that he didn’t really bring much to the game but he didn’t get much game at all did he, maybe coming to L1 and given a run of games might prove he’s a good player but it’s Warney and co that know who they want and hopefully they use their head and get players in that will do a job in L1 but also think about he players that are good enough when we are back in Championship because we know it’s hard for us to attract them
    Last edited by millertop; 28-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Why did we ship in the second highest number of goals in the league ?I would suggest we need to strengthen in MF where we need a couple of players who can put a tackle in and hold up the ball so I would ship out Williams , Taylor, Forde and Palmer - they haven't got a tackle between them.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast