+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactics - or lack of them!

hmmm are you saying i barely turn up spike loool youl prob be lucky to count with your fingers more queens fans that have been to as many queens games as me home and away since 1980 .especially the years between 1984 and 2016 ,id be lucky to count from 1 hand how many home or away games iv mist in those years .loool

hello there I'm currently new to this Doonhamers mad forum ,but a longtime faithful of the queens since 1960s .I have been reading some of these posts of late and iv got to side with the francis lad ,I am also one of those through thick and thin supporters .as I mentioned iv been reading these posts on these forums for years now and I know francis ie Dougal only too well and he is very definitely one of those through thick and thin faithful fans you talk about spikefaethesouth

[QUOTE=tobbacoman;39208107]hello there I'm currently new to this Doonhamers mad forum ,but a longtime faithful of the queens since 1960s .I have been reading some of these posts of late and iv got to side with the francis lad ,I am also one of those through thick and thin supporters .as I mentioned iv been reading these posts on these forums for years now and I know francis ie Dougal only too well and he is very definitely one of those through thick and thin faithful fans you talk about spikefaethesouth[/QUOTE

thanks tobbacoman ,how do you know me then lol apart from maybe seeing me on the terraces lol .

Cool

the old days travelling on the travelling blues travel club busses fancis ,I'm a sit in the stand man nowadays though ,to old for the bouncies

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    We all know that the underlying problem is the lack of funding to compete on a level playing field with most of the other clubs in the Championship
    That's just not true. We can compete with everyone in this division. Never once been outclassed. Weve done better against the bigger teams than the ones below us!

Yes a couple more players would help but we never normally flirt with relegation year in year out. If that was the case then yes it would be a valid point.

The problem is the person using the steering wheel not the vehicle

agree there deek altho me agreeing with you will have you accused of being the same person loool .

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    That's just not true. We can compete with everyone in this division. Never once been outclassed. Weve done better against the bigger teams than the ones below us!

Yes a couple more players would help but we never normally flirt with relegation year in year out. If that was the case then yes it would be a valid point.

The problem is the person using the steering wheel not the vehicle
    So what is being now said is that our threadbare squad is not a consequence of the clubs lack of resources but the managers poor leadership? As we have demonstrated numerous times this season when we have a full fit first team on the field we are clearly as good as anyone in this division but injuries resulting in players being forced to play out of position due to the lack of depth in the squad has hurt us badly on a lot of occasions. I and others have pointed this out on many occasions that this would likely come back to bite us this season which it has.

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    So what is being now said is that our threadbare squad is not a consequence of the clubs lack of resources but the managers poor leadership? As we have demonstrated numerous times this season when we have a full fit first team on the field we are clearly as good as anyone in this division but injuries resulting in players being forced to play out of position due to the lack of depth in the squad has hurt us badly on a lot of occasions. I and others have pointed this out on many occasions that this would likely come back to bite us this season which it has.
    Surely your not blaming injuries for our league position?
    We brought in 5? players in the window, no striker which we've badly needed for the last two seasons, one a crock and another who's a mystery, Aird.

Remind me who got rid of the promising youth players again?

You want to know why we are down at the bottom and it's as per this thread title, tactics or lack of.

Losing a late goal to Alloa at home.

Going to Morton away and sticking 8 defenders on.

Playing Dobbie up front on his own.

Choosing to play a centre half instead of an attacking Winger.

Going for draws at home instead of trying to win games.

If Naysmith had a million quid to spend we would be no where near the play offs. We've screwed up so many times this season and it's now coming back to bite us.

here here deek thats prob the best and most accurate post iv seen on here for ages .solution ,end naysmiths contract ,put the queens job out there on the market for applicants ,select the right man with most experience and success rate ,give him a competitive budget for this division ,then trust him to bring in the right quality of players to fit his style ,as we only have i think 1 player under contract atm for next term ,a new man will have to keep the ones he sees good enough and bring in his own players anyways .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 01-05-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)