+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival guaranteed, start planning for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    I'd press it now sinkov and save time.

Surely you no the result?

More out than in.
    It Will be for sure,....We always make a Profit on outgoing players, Then say we have spent however millions on incoming players,...Without taking off the profits of sales.
    In Reality,...We Spend nothing!! ,.Well in terms of being established we don"t.

Vokes for a 300 000 miles Crouch,...come on !!

We Can / Have Got To do Better ....

Don"t hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    IF we could replace Lowton, Hendrick and Wood with real top quality EPL players, what a team we would have.

I genuinely promise to stop smoking this stuff, it's making me totally delusional...

Attachment 12499
    I seem to remember not long ago that we all slated Gray and said he can’t trap a bag of sand ( me included ) but I’d swap back at any moment for a man who has pace and score goals even in a mixed season for him.
    Pace frightens defenders and our front two don’t have any.
    We also need midfielders who can add a few goals for us instead of relying on the front two.

Tom Davies is worth chasing, that's 15 million Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Tom Davies is worth chasing, that's 15 million Euro.
    Just checked right across my Goodison sources, it seems like sinkov is bang on when he says Davies is not for sale.

IF we could replace Lowton, Hendrick and Wood with real top quality EPL players, what a team we would have.
    Did you see the Salah miss last night BT ? A shocking miss that surely ended any chance of Liverpool getting back into this tie. I reckon our Chris would have scored that with a blindfold on and his left index finger stuck up his bum. But like I said before, they all miss them, even real top quality EPL players, so it's a little unfair to get on Wood's case imo.

I doubt you're convinced though BT, so I've done a bit of research, to help identify the top quality replacement for Wood. Here's my report, the four I think we could be looking at, there's no charge, all done out of love for the club, and the goodness of my heart.

Lacazette (Arsenal), he's scored 3 more PL goals than Wood this season so a definite step up in quality. Arsenal might be prepared to sell him for around the £46m they paid for him.

Son (Spurs), I think we'd have to go to £60m before Levy would even pick his phone up, and Poch might be hard to convince. But he has scored 2 more than Wood, so definitely an upgrade.

Lukaku (United), I'm not really a big fan, but better judges than me reckon he's the bees knees, and United are talking about a clear out. We might land him for £70m and like Son, he's scored 2 more than Wood.

Richarlison (Everton), Never mind Tom Davies, this is the lad we need, Everton paid £40m for him, maybe they'd take £50m and a profit. Again a real upgrade for us as he's scored 3 more than Wood already this season.

One drawback is that, besides costing an arm and a leg in transfer fees, they'd all want 3 or 4 times what we're paying Wood, but real PL quality is never going to come cheap is it ? Best I can do BT, we might get two or three more goals per season out of them than Wood is capable of, but it would cost us a fortune. Is it worth the risk ? Maybe just stick with Wood ?

Looks like we will have to keep Wood and on those stats sinkov, looks like we got a bargain too. If SD could teach him the art of trapping a football and hitting the bloody thing early, we might yet make a footballer out of him.

Worry not though, this lad is almost ready to light up the EPL.

Attachment 12534

Looks like we will have to keep Wood and on those stats sinkov, looks like we got a bargain too. If SD could teach him the art of trapping a football and hitting the bloody thing early, we might yet make a footballer out of him.
    Well if he can turn Jeff Hendrick into a right-winger in a winning football team, who knows what he can achieve with Chris Wood, the sky's the limit.

Tom Davies would walk into our starting line-up, there's enough carrot there to talk to him, surely? He's not getting minutes at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretofOz View Post
    Tom Davies would walk into our starting line-up, there's enough carrot there to talk to him, surely? He's not getting minutes at Everton.
    We don't dish out "little sweeteners" like tasty carrots at Turf Moor Oz.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)