+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tough luck Millers.... from a Lions fan.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    nearly caught us there however can see you doing well in League 1 just like the Tykes are doing now. Every season is different for us we did not have the fire power, partly due to despite buying Barnsley's Tom Bradshaw for a million he has been injured the whole time. You still have a good team, I mean look at Bradford city, 2years ago we just beat them at Wembley in the play off final and now they are down in League 2. The Championship is tough however it's my favourite.
    I was hoping your cup run might have had an adverse impact on your league form, which it did in a way, we were looking at Wigan as the team to catch, then Reading, then Wigan again, then Millwall. All the while we cut our own throats and didn't do enough ourselves.
    It's a great league for clubs like ours to be in. Millwall are an unpredictable club, as likely to have a season challenging at the top as they are a season struggling.
    The frustrating thing for us is we were so close this time to cracking it and could realistically have had another 10/12 points on the board but the table doesn't lie at this stage.
    Your budget for this season was a good £11m higher than ours. You get another chance at that level, we don't, so I guess it's money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It wasn’t negligence it was a deliberate “sweep it under the carpet” exercise fuelled by political correctness and a desire not to upset a certain section of our supposedly multiethnic society
    You,re correct Grist but they were negligent as well by not undertaking fundamental parts of their role they were employed for.
    So a few reasons to take against them. Tic toc as a prominent poster used to write

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Yes but they're not in the team or the stands.

Millwall which is in Tower Hamlets with a Muslim population of 120,000, are they saying none of them have being involved in anything like that?

Birmingham fans last week doing the "*****s" chant, 220,000 Muslims there, nothing similar happening? Come on.
    great fire, Millwall is not in Tower Hamlets, which is north of the river,I agree bunch of Muslims over there. However few muslims in the Millwall area which is south east London. One of the main stands at the Den is called the Dockers stand because most fans were Dockers I agree the Millwall docks are in the Canary Wharf area but most fans come from Bermondsey, Surrey Quays, Rotherhithe, Peckham, Southwark etc, and a good bunch they are, although maybe a bit rough n ready.

great fire, Millwall is not in Tower Hamlets, which is north of the river,I agree bunch of Muslims over there. However few muslims in the Millwall area which is south east London. One of the main stands at the Den is called the Dockers stand because most fans were Dockers I agree the Millwall docks are in the Canary Wharf area but most fans come from Bermondsey, Surrey Quays, Rotherhithe, Peckham, Southwark etc, and a good bunch they are, although maybe a bit rough n ready.
    Thanks for the history lesson and good luck next season.

One of our main stands is called the Pukka Pie stand because most of our fans are fat tw@ts.
    But seriously, we ought to name our stands in honour of the heritage of the area and the towns industrial past. The North stand could be The Foundry End.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    You,re correct Grist but they were negligent as well by not undertaking fundamental parts of their role they were employed for.
    So a few reasons to take against them. Tic toc as a prominent poster used to write
    I would have thought that those on lower pay grades, with a mortgage, kids to clothe and feed that came upon evidence of Muslim groomers they would have turned a blind eye on fear of being a whistleblower that wasn’t towing the council line of multiculturalism. Such is the strangle hold this racist stuff has, folks don’t stick their heads above the parapet in fear of it being shot off.

Plus Plumstead, Woolwich and Lewisham which isn’t that far away, but the latter has a large number of ex Windrush people.

I see, Millwall is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

Millwall FC is in Bermondsey in the Borough of Lewisham.

Bit like how Chelsea FC is actually in Fulham.

So Millwall FC and Millwall fans are not actually from Millwall, interesting, thanks.
    Last edited by great_fire; 29-04-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I see, Millwall is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.

Millwall FC is in Bermondsey in the Borough of Lewisham.

Bit like how Chelsea FC is actually in Fulham.

So Millwall FC and Millwall fans are not actually from Millwall, interesting, thanks.
    The original club was founded there. They moved south of the river in 1910 so it’s highly unlikely they have any fans left that watched them on the Isle of Dogs.

Strangely Arsenal did the opposite, originally at Woolwich Arsenal south of the river, they went north. Woolwich is a short bus bus ride from Millwall FC so some Millwall fans are from the area that Arsenal used to call home.
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 29-04-2019 at 01:08 PM.

So the Millwall fans' argument is that if the grooming had happened in Bermondsey they would have done something cos they're so hard?

That's very doubtful.

Up to 1 million girls have been victims of these gangs and I haven't read of a single case of "vigilante justice."

Is this because we're all wimps or is it because these gangs also control the heroin trade in these towns and cities and are armed to the hilt? Police are scared of them or they're paid off.

They're drugs gangs who launder their money through takeaways and taxi firms and these places are where they find the victims for their underage prostitution racket.
    Last edited by great_fire; 29-04-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast