+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: greg stewart

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    As has been said before
    The huns signing Greg Stewart is a better signing than anything that we have done so far this window
    Ach you’ve been hot and cold on Stewart, changing your mind as it suits.
    Stewart was a luxury player.
    He could do well with better player movement around him, but I’m not convinced he’ll get enough gametime.
    I reckon he’ll be like Lafferty, brought in and sparingly used.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Ach you’ve been hot and cold on Stewart, changing your mind as it suits.
    Stewart was a luxury player.
    He could do well with better player movement around him, but I’m not convinced he’ll get enough gametime.
    I reckon he’ll be like Lafferty, brought in and sparingly used.
    Hot and cold as in I was happy to have him here, but most of the time he has played for us he has been a let down and normally because our illustrious leader would not play him to the full strengths.
    As has been said before the only thing Stewart did for Aberdeen was make Kilmarnock weaker,
    I still believe Stewart is a skillful player and as for transfer window activity he is a better signing than anything we have signed so far this window, but here's hoping that will change some time soon
    Dylan McGeuch or Craig Bryson maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Time will tell, I never once got the feeling that I was happy he would sign a permanent deal for the once michty.

SF
    I agree. Not fussed at all that he is away to the huns. He was never our player anyway as we only borrowed him on loan a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Hot and cold as in I was happy to have him here, but most of the time he has played for us he has been a let down and normally because our illustrious leader would not play him to the full strengths.
    As has been said before the only thing Stewart did for Aberdeen was make Kilmarnock weaker,
    I still believe Stewart is a skillful player and as for transfer window activity he is a better signing than anything we have signed so far this window, but here's hoping that will change some time soon
    Dylan McGeuch or Craig Bryson maybe
    Since the winter transfer window Stewart was predominantly used in the no 10 role but still didn’t do the business.
    He’s a luxury player, left to conserve energy as he has no stamina and only get involved in the last third.
    That’s why he failed at Aberdeen and I think he will ultimately fail at SevCo.
    He is skilful, I give you that. Very good at close control.
    He often got into good positions at Aberdeen, but we didn’t feed him the ball at the right times.
    He could do a decent job at SevCo, but I think others will get the nod ahead of him and his bit part games will not be that effective.

Since the winter transfer window Stewart was predominantly used in the no 10 role but still didn’t do the business.
    He’s a luxury player, left to conserve energy as he has no stamina and only get involved in the last third.
    That’s why he failed at Aberdeen and I think he will ultimately fail at SevCo.
    He is skilful, I give you that. Very good at close control.
    He often got into good positions at Aberdeen, but we didn’t feed him the ball at the right times.
    He could do a decent job at SevCo, but I think others will get the nod ahead of him and his bit part games will not be that effective.
    A luxury player? Aye ok then. It was his lack of pre season the time before.

Mcinnes tried to sign him for a third time. No matter who is to blame, that's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    A luxury player? Aye ok then. It was his lack of pre season the time before.

Mcinnes tried to sign him for a third time. No matter who is to blame, that's an issue.
    Do you think he will be a first pick in the SevCo team?

Do you think he will be a first pick in the SevCo team?
    What does that matter to us? What does it matter to McInnes trying to sign him again?

This time last summer it was Hibs who made the superb signings compared to us.

This thread has turned into the Huns version with Greg Stewart,if he signed for us the same people would be complaining about how pish a signing it is.

If it doesn’t make a difference to us whether or not he is a good signing for them then why are people comparing how good their signings have been to ours?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This time last summer it was Hibs who made the superb signings compared to us.

This thread has turned into the Huns version with Greg Stewart,if he signed for us the same people would be complaining about how pish a signing it is.

If it doesn’t make a difference to us whether or not he is a good signing for them then why are people comparing how good their signings have been to ours?
    I agree but it matters why he was pish for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree but it matters why he was pish for us.
    He probably would have been a great player for us if he'd been brought in to the team that beat Groningen or Rijeka. As it is he was brought in to the team that couldn't beat Livingston, Hamilton or St Mirren at home. Probably say the same for Wilson.

Of course you could argue that they were both brought in to perform whether the team in general were playing sh*te or not and they didn't.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast