+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forest Green game

Forest Green game

Did really no-one have anything to say about the late Kirky double and our 4-3 win last Saturday? I know sadly it didn't have any wider significance for our season, & we shouldn't have conceded 3 anyway, but it was an exciting end to the home season and both teams had tried to play football in a gale throughout.

Well done too to the Under-15s for the Floodlit Cup Final win at Brizzle on Sunday - bizarrely played at 2 pm! Hope to see some of them in the first team in a few years time.

See you at Gresty road next season again! COYR!

You know what we Alex fans are like, Shrop - only happy when we’ve got something to moan about!!

Seriously though it was a cracking game given the weather. As you said, two teams trying to play football properly, aided, it should be said, by a referee who clearly wanted to give them every chance to do so. Great to see him playing the advantage, especially as it led to 2 of our goals! Hard to pick a MotM to be fair, although I did agree with it being Tom. When you looked at Kirky’s goals on the Telly his first finish was delightful control and his second wasn’t bad either!

Great end to the home season with so much to look forward to next year.

Yes indeed - not that Kirky had done a great deal till then!

It was a brilliant game, shame about the weather. I brought 3 guests all of whom were really impressed and one said the game was so good that she forgot she was freezing and that she had felt like leaving.
    I just hope that team doesn't get broken up over the summer.