+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One last roll of the dice

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Exactly.

Sheffield are the "World's Oldest Amateur Football Club."

We are the "World's Oldest Professional Football Club."

This won't change if we're relegated.
    We SHOULD still sign professional footballers and (hopefully) pay a professional wage so the oldest thing is cast iron.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I give Notts a 50/50 chance of a win Saturday.
    I give Cambridge 1 chance in 3 - Macclesfield will be under tremendous pressure because they are the favourites.

That makes it 1 chance in 6 for us.

So roll that dice - - Is it a six??

Another thought, is anyone out there going to Macclesfield to support Cambridge?
    I was thinking about the odds also, but my estimates are a bit different:
    Notts to win at Swindon = 10/1
    Cambridge to win at Macclesfield = 10/1
    Combined odds = 100/1

In other words, there is more chance of a cart horse winning the Grand National.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I give Notts a 50/50 chance of a win Saturday.
    I give Cambridge 1 chance in 3 - Macclesfield will be under tremendous pressure because they are the favourites.

That makes it 1 chance in 6 for us.

So roll that dice - - Is it a six??

Another thought, is anyone out there going to Macclesfield to support Cambridge?
    Well I’d have taken a roll of the dice a few months back and 1/6 chance is something when most of us thought we would be down in March. As I put on a different thread, playing for the point is not easy, let’s reverse this. If we needed a point at home v Cambridge are we that confident we would be odds on favourites to get it ? Let’s not forget they did the double over us ! We were in this position in 2006 playing Bury on same points as us and we went 2-0 down. We eventually got that point but at 85 minutes we had lost that game. So, is it 1 in 6, or 2 in 6, who knows. First thing is to win at Swindon, take that variable out the equation and hope it’s Macclesfield turn to press the self destruct button - not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Combined odds = 100/1
    Your estimated odds are way off the mark compared to the real prices on offer. The general odds are these:

Notts to win at Swindon = 2/1
    Cambridge to win at Macclesfield = 9/4
    Combined odds = 8.75/1

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your estimated odds are way off the mark compared to the real prices on offer. The general odds are these:

Notts to win at Swindon = 2/1
    Cambridge to win at Macclesfield = 9/4
    Combined odds = 8.75/1
    Got 9-1 on Bet365, so why not indeed. Unfortunately we are missing the final game as we will be in Napoli. When we booked this trip last August it was the only date that worked and thought I’d be missing a promotion party, but who knew it would turn out like this. I added Napoli to the bet as well as a home banker and going to try to get to that game. Although we will not be there we will be glued to iFollow or whatever we can. I was there for the great escape v Huddersfield and v Oldham and I pray that it is better than that.

C’mon u pies !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Combined odds = 100/1

In other words, there is more chance of a cart horse winning the Grand National.
    I would have Notts as slight favorites to win at Swindon. Unfortunately for me Macc Cambridge is an absolute home banker of monolithic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The mans deluded. He will be happy with a draw...Even though we get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The mans deluded. He will be happy with a draw...Even though we get relegated.
    I usually agree wit your posts but on this one lets just forget about what we think and just win the bloody game.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I usually agree wit your posts but on this one lets just forget about what we think and just win the bloody game.
    let's hope so..

Like ardley said any one saturday in a season we can win and mac could lose. Just hope its this saturday you never know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast