+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers v Barnsley Match Thread

Bristol Rovers v Barnsley Match Thread

They haven't been too many occasions in my time supporting the club when we've had a sniff of becoming champions .

In fact this is actually only the second time and the last was in 1981 when those pesky Millers pipped us to the title .

That said irrespective of what happens at Kenilworth Road let's finish the season in style and get those 3 points .

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO .

In all honesty, tomorrow is about winning the Championship now. Said at work today to a mate that I feel a bit flat after being robbed of the Euphoria of winning promotion in an actual game. I know that’s not the idea, and to be fair we’ve done the job we all wanted, yet strangely I feel a bit cheated. Some have jettisoned their tickets for this weekend, and although I can’t do that, I can understand some folks reasoning for doing it....Cost, Job done etc.....
    Are my feelings a bit selfish. Or reasonable......
    Would I take back the already gained Promotion to experience the euphoria and nail biting tomorrow......?
    NO WAY....
    But it does feel strange ......

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    In all honesty, tomorrow is about winning the Championship now. Said at work today to a mate that I feel a bit flat after being robbed of the Euphoria of winning promotion in an actual game. I know that’s not the idea, and to be fair we’ve done the job we all wanted, yet strangely I feel a bit cheated. Some have jettisoned their tickets for this weekend, and although I can’t do that, I can understand some folks reasoning for doing it....Cost, Job done etc.....
    Are my feelings a bit selfish. Or reasonable......
    Would I take back the already gained Promotion to experience the euphoria and nail biting tomorrow......?
    NO WAY....
    But it does feel strange ......
    Agree Jules , feels a bit flat now , a ooham game tommora wud ev bin betta , glad weer up tho , a chance to win title ? Luton draw , we win , Perfect , anyway have a great summa lotterya , Sithi !!

Agree , you want to win promotion on the pitch , the Bradford home game in 97 was how to do it and possibly why winning the play off final is such a fantastic way to be promoted .

Looking at my App hundreds of miles away on a tuesday night isn't quite the same .

However , lets not be too greedy we've had a tremendous season ......... now go and win that feckin league !!!

It’d certainly be icing on the cake if he were champions!

It would for me.
    I I did £1 win doubles and 50p e/w trebles on Molinari to win the Open at 40/1, G Thomas to win Tour de France at 11/4 & Barnsley at 8/1.
    Banked about £200 for one double & place treble. Well over a grand if we win the league.
    I'd written it off after the Burton game.
    I did Middlesbro' for Championship. Would never have backed Norwich, so can't complain.
    Last edited by Hodger1957; 04-05-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Team

--------- Davies ------

J Williams --- Lindsay --Pinnock --Pinillos

Bahre --- Mowatt ---McGeehan ---Thiam

------------------ Moore --------Woodrow ---

Walton
    Fryers
    Hedges
    Cavare
    Green
    Jackson
    Styles

Luton 2 Oxford 0 Moncur and Lee 2 players we gave them, says it all really!

Not how I wanted to end the season but I think they have earned an off day given our form since xmas .

Obviously the Lindsay sending off didn't help but hey ho we've accomplished what we set out to do in August .

Congratulations to Luton Town who are worthy champions .

George Moncur--weear did he cum from ? Two goals and an assist fo Luton. Which CEO at which club decided to sell him to Luton ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast