+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v Fulham Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just back after an eventful afternoon. Although we were well on top, until we scored, you had the feeling that Fulham would score and spoil the party atmosphere. In fairness to Fulham, they didn't turn up and park the bus. after three recent wins, with no goals conceded, they showed that they should not have been relegation candidates. They passed the ball about and had a fair share of possession and were first to have a shot on goal.

We were looking confident and the Molineux Messi, Jota was causing them all sorts of problems with his darting forays into their penalty area. He went down under several challenges and one produced a yellow for a supposed dive. I must say that at this point the man in the middle Mr Moss was having a mare and it progressively got worse as the game wore on.

Fulham were getting pushed back and several shots skimmed the outside of the visitors post white their keeper Gonzalez managed to get his hand on a stinging drive to tip it over for a corner. With a little more luck we could and should have been home and dry by half time but the score remained 0-0.

Wolves started strongly in the second forty five minutes and looked the more likely to score. Jota, was causing havoc every time he had the ball. The defenders were almost afraid to tackle him, he was winning free kicks at his leisure. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

The clock was ticking towards the last quarter of the game when Neves unleashed a thunderbolt from way outside the area, which in turn brought a spectacular save from their keeper. Shortly afterwards Gonzalez tipped another drive over. You could sense the pressure building and some slick inter passing out on the right saw Dendoncker ghost in and rifle a volley into the net. There was a gasp of relief around Mplineux, as just before Mitrovic had missed a sitter, and soon after Patricio, who had had his deck chair out for much of the game, pulled of a worldly save, not aware that the referee had already blown for an infringement.

Fulham tried to get back into the game but the Cody marshalled defence stood firm before Doctor Nuno brought on three subs with seconds to go. I thought pointless substitutions, but for two their first time on Premiership turf.

It was good to see many of the 30,000 plus crowd stay to cheer and clap the players and their families as the did their lap of honour. A fine climax to what has been a stunning home season. Just a small matter of putting Liverpool to the sword next Sunday.
    Thanks for the full and comprehensive report mate. Appreciated.

For a side that had already been relegated, i expected to see more from Fulham. Having a lot of the ball counts for nothing if you can't convert the chances that come your way. Only the Mitrovic chance was the one that could have made a difference in the game.

The form of Jota in the second half of the season has been nothing short of brilliant. Again he tormented the opposition, two shouts from a penalty, i think the one he got carded for was justified, even though i haven't seen a replay yet, i thought he went over too easily. He could have scored two in the first half, but efforts that went just wide of their keeper's near post. In the second half he also had two very good chances, one off the bar and another that he put just wide.

Jota wasn't the only one that had decent chances, Dendoncker hitting the bar and then his winning goal. Doherty also going close in the second half.

A good three points and it was good to see us win our final home league game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    For a side that had already been relegated, i expected to see more from Fulham. Having a lot of the ball counts for nothing if you can't convert the chances that come your way. Only the Mitrovic chance was the one that could have made a difference in the game.

The form of Jota in the second half of the season has been nothing short of brilliant. Again he tormented the opposition, two shouts from a penalty, i think the one he got carded for was justified, even though i haven't seen a replay yet, i thought he went over too easily. He could have scored two in the first half, but efforts that went just wide of their keeper's near post. In the second half he also had two very good chances, one off the bar and another that he put just wide.

Jota wasn't the only one that had decent chances, Dendoncker hitting the bar and then his winning goal. Doherty also going close in the second half.

A good three points and it was good to see us win our final home league game of the season.
    As above. Just think Gav, next season you may be Azerbaijan bound with a bit of luck, and money of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    As above. Just think Gav, next season you may be Azerbaijan bound with a bit of luck, and money of course.
    My away days will be restricted to the UK and Ireland if we do indeed get Europa League football. I can afford to do mainland Europe, but i won't be doing it.

My away days will be restricted to the UK and Ireland if we do indeed get Europa League football. I can afford to do mainland Europe, but i won't be doing it.
    What are the concerns, safety?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    What are the concerns, safety?
    I just decided i wouldn't be going abroad. As above i can afford it, but i won't be paying out stupid money to watch Wolves. The Fa cup semi-final against Watford was the exception in this country.

Here you woody, enjoy!

Here you woody, enjoy!
    Warms the cockles of mi heart mate, thanks.

Reminds me of an almost identical goal I saw Peter Broadbent score from a cross by Norman Deeley. OK it was only V Darlington in the cup but even so, it was a bit further out and slightly behind him so he had to swivel his hips too hit it. I was directly behind it in the north bank and I can remember it bulging the net. Vivid memory even now.

More highlights from the game!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)