+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: doon and giruy

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Yeah then thought you'd get up today and write a story🙈🙈🙈
    Posting on a message board not exactly the equivalent of making scarves and getting excited about it every anniversary 😆

Peter, what exactly did you expect today.
    Our biggest rivals relegated after losing 10 in a row.
    Why would we not be celebrating particularly after your ott behaviour when we were relegated.
    If we don’t get promoted I’m pretty sure that DFC supporters will be returning the favour.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Peter, what exactly did you expect today.
    Our biggest rivals relegated after losing 10 in a row.
    Why would we not be celebrating particularly after your ott behaviour when we were relegated.
    If we don’t get promoted I’m pretty sure that DFC supporters will be returning the favour.
    Totally agree with you...I gave it out and I'll take it back...we all want our team's to win and will always take pleasure in our rivals mishaps...just can't be doing with people kidding on they're not that bothered...when they clearly are

Totally agree with you...I gave it out and I'll take it back...we all want our team's to win and will always take pleasure in our rivals mishaps...just can't be doing with people kidding on they're not that bothered...when they clearly are
    Bathered is sitting at a match with doon specs on.
    Bathered is walking past the Snug wi a coffin.
    Bathered is coming onto a United Forum biggin up a non event for 3 years.

Karma is just the bitch that just slapped yir erse while you were bathered about what was happening wi us!

What is it the Funsters on Fun Mad post...oh eh...

GDSDD

Hahaha , hope that comes back to bite you on yir erse. DOON specs ffs

This was their moment, their time to finally stake a claim to be the big club in the city... and they’ve absolutely humped it 😂

Oh well, that's me told!

No, not at all - I've been thinking it for weeks!

I said after the Dundee antics three years ago, if being better than United is the extent of your ambition then well done to you - you've achieved the pinnacle, the best you will ever get. I said it would go downhill from there and was laughed at and called bitter (among other things). Well, here it is. Dundee achieved their ultimate ambition and didn't know where to go next.

Let's remember what exactly it was that your club "achieved" that night:

8th place finish - wow!! Well done guys.

Injury time winner at home against the worst United team in half a century - seriously, hats off to you.

just can't be doing with people kidding on they're not that bothered...when they clearly are
    Never said I wasn't bothered. Your lot celebrating our demise 3 years ago did bother me - it bothered me that you celebrated our failure as if it was an achievement on your part. I could see problems coming for you lot and now here they are.

I just wanted to make the point that myself and most other Arabs (over the age of, say 10) know what it's like to see our team win a trophy. The majority of Dees do not have a living memory of such an accolade for their team so they clutch at straws like United's failure and celebrate that like a trophy win. I think it's incredibly sad and that level of ambition gets you exactly where you find yourselves now.

Maybe United get promoted through the playoffs, maybe they don't. If it doesn't go our way I certainly won't be taking any comfort in the fact that Dundee were relegated, not for one second.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Oh well, that's me told!

I said after the Dundee antics three years ago, if being better than United is the extent of your ambition then well done to you - you've achieved the pinnacle, the best you will ever get. I said it would go downhill from there and was laughed at and called bitter (among other things). Well, here it is. Dundee achieved their ultimate ambition and didn't know where to go next.

Injury time winner at home against the worst United team in half a century - seriously, hats off to you.

Never said I wasn't bothered. Your lot celebrating our demise 3 years ago did bother me - it bothered me that you celebrated our failure as if it was an achievement on your part. I could see problems coming for you lot and now here they are.

I just wanted to make the point that myself and most other Arabs (over the age of, say 10) know what it's like to see our team win a trophy. The majority of Dees do not have a living memory of such an accolade for their team so they clutch at straws like United's failure and celebrate that like a trophy win. I think it's incredibly sad and that level of ambition gets you exactly where you find yourselves now.

Maybe United get promoted through the playoffs, maybe they don't. If it doesn't go our way I certainly won't be taking any comfort in the fact that Dundee were relegated, not for one second.
    This.

The play offs are not going to be easy, not by a long shot. As I’ve said earlier, I put our chances at 50/50. Maybe even 1 in 3. If we do it, fantastic - I will take great delight in our achievement. If we don’t I’ll be disappointed in our efforts. But note that my reflections on this season will be all about what we do. The Funsters going down is a funny footnote, no more no less and certainly not a cause for commemorative T shirts and mugs.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Oh well, that's me told!

Jesus... when's your book out😄

Jesus... when's your book out😄
    Just after Jimmy Macs “Taking them down ... Ooops I did it again”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)