+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Naysmith gone ....

I liked Naysmith. He gave his all for the club but ultimately he had to go. Good luck to him going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    Naysmith was only concerned at progressing up the management ladder and had applied for many jobs while in charge at Queens.
    Absolute chancer
    Not surprised by that, really

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I liked Naysmith. He gave his all for the club but ultimately he had to go. Good luck to him going forward.
    I think Naysmith will most likely drop down a league or two to get back into management.

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    He came across as a decent guy, I agree he did look a depressed at the end, wish him well
    Yes wish him well as he came across as a decent honest fellow but his shortcomings were clear towards the end. As for trying to progress up the managerial ladder well they all do that if they have any ambition.

Naysmith was only concerned at progressing up the management ladder and had applied for many jobs while in charge at Queens.
    Absolute chancer
    Whether that's true or not , it would just make him the same as the rest of them. Our 'new' boss jumped ship the first opp he got as well. Thiats life

True but who wouldn't take an opportunity to try there hand in the SPL.
    at least he left after a successful season as many have done eg jack Ross, Alex Neil etc .

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Whether that's true or not , it would just make him the same as the rest of them. Our 'new' boss jumped ship the first opp he got as well. Thiats life

yep magic used his short stay at palmy as a stepping stone last time ,my concern about this appointment is last time he inherated a very good up and coming young team after a relegation to a league that thay were bound to canter ,this time there is no top young talent after the senior players are gone ,he is doing it from near scratch this time around and his track record after leaving us ,has nosedived ,so he has found his way back and hopefully this time he wants to build and stay with the team he builds ,and for our chairman who sacked naysmith out of the blue at a silly time when he was in the process of doing the travelclub awards night was a disgrace ,naysmith had to go tho but timing was so spontanious ,and with that urgency i hope our chairman is going to flex his muscle and back our new manager to give him what he needs to challenge for honours .

My only worry is if the players feel angry at the way Naysmith departed and decide not to put the effort in for these play offs and stick two fingers up to Queens.

Saying that the Patrick game was probably the least motivated they've been. (Unless sacking rumours were known prior?) Only a few hours to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    My only worry is if the players feel angry at the way Naysmith departed and decide not to put the effort in for these play offs and stick two fingers up to Queens.

Saying that the Patrick game was probably the least motivated they've been. (Unless sacking rumours were known prior?) Only a few hours to tell.

The ONLY person that knew what was about to happen at 7.30 on Saturday night was BILLY HEWITSON.

Completely unprofessional IMO

True but who wouldn't take an opportunity to try there hand in the SPL.
    at least he left after a successful season as many have done eg jack Ross, Alex Neil etc .
    All I'm saying newby is that they are all the same. The minute a bigger job offer comes up whether it's a Premier or even a bigger Championship team then its adios amigos. Some fans need to realise that players and management are not fans of Qos like we are. Like any job you take the best offer

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)