+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gable Endies vs. Doonhamers Part One

Big game for our team tomorrow night.
    I'll be there. Hoping for the best and fearing the worst.

Queen of Sth
    1Martin
    2Mercer
    5Brownlie
    6Doyle
    3Marshall
    10Todd
    8Jacobs
    21Wilson
    4Fordyce
    25Dykes
    9Aird
    Substitutes
    7Stirling
    11Dobbie
    12McGrath
    13Mehmet
    14Low
    17Murray
    30Maguire

I couldn't help but notice that the cannon fodder have just beat us.

What a shambles.

Whenever Fordyce and Brownlie are in the same team you know it's going to be a long night.

Too top heavy defensively for my liking looking at the team selection but we probably went for presence ? - keep it tight, attackers on in the second half when the opposition tire ?

No need to throw in the towel yet. We're only one goal down plus AJ has a few days to look at the squad.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Whenever Fordyce and Brownlie are in the same team you know it's going to be a long night.

Too top heavy defensively for my liking looking at the team selection but we probably went for presence ? - keep it tight, attackers on in the second half when the opposition tire ?

No need to throw in the towel yet. We're only one goal down plus AJ has a few days to look at the squad.
    We were awful tonight.
    Montrose deserved their win.
    Fordyce and Brownlie are beyond awful. Mercer was poor at RB and Doyle even worse when he went to RB for the 2nd half. Aird and Dykes were really poor and in all honesty very few even get pass marks. Our passing and decision making were just awful tonight. Really poor decision to recall Martin IMHO. He should be done at our club. Very lucky not to be 3-1 down. Montrose saw the game out very comfortably.

Yes Martin has come from nowhere. No signs of a back twinge when they scored their second ?

Surprised Dobbie never got a run out. Surely the last 10 mins wouldn't have done any harm to get him match fit?

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Yes Martin has come from nowhere. No signs of a back twinge when they scored their second ?

Surprised Dobbie never got a run out. Surely the last 10 mins wouldn't have done any harm to get him match fit?
    I'm fine with Dobbie not getting on tonight. He shouldn't have been risked on Saturday and I suspect that outing has set him back injury wise. Only HT in this tie and it might easily take an extra 30 minutes on Saturday if we are to progress. i'm not particularly confident though based on tonight's evidence.

Kicking myself for not betting on Montrose, when i saw the starting line up. Murray, Sterling and Mcguire should have started and i probably would have gone with Mehmet in goals.

I have to question the judgement of bring in AJ for these games. He hasn't worked with most of the players before and there isn't time to find his best team. It would have made more sense to let Laurie Ellis take the team and audition for the job. Worst case scenario, we could have still gone for AJ in the summer.

Ninety minutes in and halfway through the first play off tie the new management team is taking stick-wonderful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)