+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds vs Rams - Playoff 1st Leg!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    We were tripe, full stop!!
    We are no good against teams that harry and chase and are in your faces, and that is the Leeds game!!
    Nugent was never going to get time to influence the game and Wilson was lost.
    Personally, I have no hopes for the second leg, they are simply better than us!!
    Our problems stem right from the keeper Roos
    He good at his job of making saves, but for he doesn't half slow our play down
    please quicken up, look for the early ball out don't wait ages before you give it our defenders when they are being pressed

We were tripe and still should have come away with a draw, but as usual when it actually means something we don't get the decision in our favour again, ref gives penalty and then does something refs never sodding do and consults his lino ffs, and people saying we "deserved nothing" well that's not how it works, we should have had a penalty, and both sides should have been down to 10 men as well

I hold out no hope for the 2nd leg as well, and if I see Nugents name on the starting line up I'll scream blue murder ffs

I can't fathom the thinking behind Nugent getting in ahead of Marriott, I'm no fan of Marriott but Nugent hasn't scored in 7 months, what is it is it a case of "he's bound to score at some point"? he's 34 and passed it, he's not 23 and heading into his prime, Lampard

Maybe I’m clutching at straws...but the gap is narrowing...4-1...2-0...1-0...?
    Still not convinced we can’t turn this round on Wednesday.
    It’ll help if we have eleven men then...playing Nugent is just a waste of a shirt imo. Thought Mount and Wilson both went awol at times tonight too and Malone would probably be better if he stopped trying to run around with a dead ferret on his head.
    Weak performance and equally weak officiating imo, but it’s only half time and it ain’t over till the fat lass warbles.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe I’m clutching at straws...but the gap is narrowing...4-1...2-0...1-0...?
    Still not convinced we can’t turn this round on Wednesday.
    It’ll help if we have eleven men then...playing Nugent is just a waste of a shirt imo. Thought Mount and Wilson both went awol at times tonight too and Malone would probably be better if he stopped trying to run around with a dead ferret on his head.
    Weak performance and equally weak officiating imo, but it’s only half time and it ain’t over till the fat lass warbles.
    Well think we need an enquiry into the ref, apart from that a singular gutless performance, cannot see us getting anything at their place, but then again we have to play better? Still can't see past Villa or West brom in any case, but we are just generally ****e in the play offs so Lampard is following a well trodden path!

I know it will not happen but need to bench Wilson and maybe Lawrence for second leg They will just get brushed aside at Leeds I would start with Huddleston and Johnson holding ( like at Brizzle ) because if we concede early then game over Being extra body in midfield in Evans we need legs in there Not sure what to do up front Marriott played there when we went in the league They just bullied him never gave him a kick and that's when he was playing well Don't look like Waghorn will make it so we have a massive problem not sure we can solve it with this squad But we're Derby always expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I know it will not happen but need to bench Wilson and maybe Lawrence for second leg They will just get brushed aside at Leeds I would start with Huddleston and Johnson holding ( like at Brizzle ) because if we concede early then game over Being extra body in midfield in Evans we need legs in there Not sure what to do up front Marriott played there when we went in the league They just bullied him never gave him a kick and that's when he was playing well Don't look like Waghorn will make it so we have a massive problem not sure we can solve it with this squad But we're Derby always expect the unexpected
    Yes, Huddlestone will certainly be useful for the 'best elbow in the face' competition.

To be objective you are lucky not to be 3 or 4 to 0 down.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Yes, Huddlestone will certainly be useful for the 'best elbow in the face' competition.

To be objective, you're lucky that the ref changed his penalty decision, because despite having better of the ball, you never looked like scoring.

I know we were poor Ubique, and I accept you were the better side, but continuing with the ‘objective’ line...it’d be unusual for you to win ‘3 or 4 to 0’ when you only managed three shots on target.
    Tbh, and objective, neither ‘keeper had a deal to do.

See you were at the back of the brains queue You can always rely on Klich to stick the nut on i suppose. How the suck can you be 3 or 4 up when you only had two shots on target

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)