+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds vs Rams - Playoff 1st Leg!

Assuming Leeds play their high tempo in your faces game we don't have a sniff!! On top of which our nemesis Bamford is bound to play at some time and score!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Assuming Leeds play their high tempo in your faces game we don't have a sniff!! On top of which our nemesis Bamford is bound to play at some time and score!!
    Our real nemesis, Kemar Roofe, isn’t playing though mac. That can only be good...been a bit ‘he plays against Derby...he scores’ this season.
    Hope springs eternal...love to know what’s going on with Marriott though and if there’s any chance of Waghorn being fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Our real nemesis, Kemar Roofe, isn’t playing though mac. That can only be good...been a bit ‘he plays against Derby...he scores’ this season.
    Hope springs eternal...love to know what’s going on with Marriott though and if there’s any chance of Waghorn being fit.
    Losing Roofe could disturb their set up but Bamford is an easy shoe-in!!
    If Waghorn plays and is FIT we would be in a much better place but 'fit' is the word!! Whatever our fitness situation is playing Nugent is a no no, the guy just doesn't frighten defences any more!! We need an all action set up from the 1st minute with pace and mobility and that must exclude Nugent!!
    As for Marriott we will probably never know what's gone on but his fitness is questionable. When he came on there was no zing in his game and at Leeds we need an all action display from everyone which leaves a big question mark over Wilson and Lawrence. All action is against their religion and we can't afford to play with 9 again!!
    I think our only hope is if Leeds lose the match rather than we win it!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Losing Roofe could disturb their set up but Bamford is an easy shoe-in!!
    If Waghorn plays and is FIT we would be in a much better place but 'fit' is the word!! Whatever our fitness situation is playing Nugent is a no no, the guy just doesn't frighten defences any more!! We need an all action set up from the 1st minute with pace and mobility and that must exclude Nugent!!
    As for Marriott we will probably never know what's gone on but his fitness is questionable. When he came on there was no zing in his game and at Leeds we need an all action display from everyone which leaves a big question mark over Wilson and Lawrence. All action is against their religion and we can't afford to play with 9 again!!
    I think our only hope is if Leeds lose the match rather than we win it!!
    Yep, I know you’re probably right, agree about Nugent and even if we did make it to Wembley I really don’t think we could live with Villa anyway.

Would be lovely to turn Leeds over though, preferably with Bamford getting sent off too...but I suspect we might see more red cards than goals from Derby tomorrow night...really hope I’m wrong.

Nowt wrong with Lawro and Wilson (cough) but I really hope FL starts with only 1 of them tomorrow and the other inside rather than out wide or with neither of them.

DYS clattering early doors took both of them out of the game on Saturday and we played further with 9 men basically. Horses for courses and against DYS playing both is too great a handical to carry IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Nowt wrong with Lawro and Wilson (cough) but I really hope FL starts with only 1 of them tomorrow and the other inside rather than out wide or with neither of them.

DYS clattering early doors took both of them out of the game on Saturday and we played further with 9 men basically. Horses for courses and against DYS playing both is too great a handical to carry IMO.
    Who do we play instead? We can't play Leeds game, so may as well play our own.

We have to play with two up front. Neither Nugent nor Marriott can occupy to CB's the way Waghorn does.

In first leg Nugents lack of mobility allowed Leeds to play around us and their full backs put ours on the back foot hence Bogle rarely getting forward.

Leeds fan told me Bielsa would switch to 3 at the back if we play 2 up and that this is not the way he prefers to play.

3 defeats to them already suggests something should change.

Wilson and Lawrence added very little on Saturday and as MA points out this is probably not their track.

A fit Waghorn would be a huge bonus, Hudds in at DM or Holmes out in a wider role, something needs to change.

With what has happened in football recently you cant rule out anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep, I know you’re probably right, agree about Nugent and even if we did make it to Wembley I really don’t think we could live with Villa anyway.

Would be lovely to turn Leeds over though, preferably with Bamford getting sent off too...but I suspect we might see more red cards than goals from Derby tomorrow night...really hope I’m wrong.
    Villa may not be there themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Villa may not be there themselves
    Villa through on penalties.

Have to say I hope you turn them over tomorrow night, they're horrible to play against and we have struggled against them.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)