+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Other clubs releases

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    When the RUFC fixtures came out I used to play every one of them by myself at Subbuteo. I also played them all (again alone) on a dart board: six darts; any in 20 (doubles and trebles counting) was a goal for us, any outside the 20 (doubles and trebles counting) was a goal for the oppo.
    As a statistician/mathematician I'm curious as to how you determined each game would have 6 goals? I guess back in to 60s the 0-0 snore draw was much rarer than today.

You're not far wrong, Grist. I met a girl and tbh explaining to her that I spent my weekends playing solo Subbuteo was hardly likely to cut it.
    I had a similar problem explaining train spotting, and still do

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I had a similar problem explaining train spotting, and still do
    I've never got this. How do you actually train a spot?.
    If you work it out they should make a movie out of it.
    Look at me going all continental (Movie I obv mean film)

Grant ward has been released. Ipswich chose not to take out the contract extension. Not expected to return till November
    Only 24 so if he recovers from the injury would be a bargain for someone

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I got Tom Eaves autograph on his first day he was at NYS. He was a shy guy sat at one side of the changing room. I don't even think that he'd been introduced to the rest of the players. Nice enough but not really given a chance under Evans.
    Quick, tell warney hes nice.. 🤗

L1 Doncaster

Rovers have released Marko Marosi, Alfie Beestin, Tyler Garratt, Luke McCullough and Liam Mandeville following the end of their contracts.

Manager Grant McCann has also put Will Longbottom and Alex Kiwomya on the transfer list

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    L1 Doncaster

Manager Grant McCann has also put Will Longbottom and Alex Kiwomya on the transfer list
    That's Alex Kiwomya the ex-Millers youth team player who was poached by Chelsea. Maybe he is one of the players that Warney said wants to come back?
    A winger with a career of 72 league appearances and 12 goals. Never played for the Chelsea first team. Just under half of those appearances were at League 1 level, the rest were below that. Despite the goals, would be a squad player at best?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-05-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As a statistician/mathematician I'm curious as to how you determined each game would have 6 goals? I guess back in to 60s the 0-0 snore draw was much rarer than today.
    My dear Cam I don't see where the 6 goals comes into it altho I confess not to have explained the system fully. I threw 6 darts. Any which hit the 20 counted as RUFC goals, any that hit the 5 or 1 counted as opposition goals. Any dart which bounced out (this was the 1960s and the darts were big hefty brass things) and any dart which hit the board outside the doubles or outside of the top 3 segments mentioned was void. Had you seen my competence at darts you would know that 0:0 was not so unusual. Oh, and as for Subbute I ought to have clarified that I played 10 minute halves.

My dear Cam I don't see where the 6 goals comes into it altho I confess not to have explained the system fully. I threw 6 darts. Any which hit the 20 counted as RUFC goals, any that hit the 5 or 1 counted as opposition goals. Any dart which bounced out (this was the 1960s and the darts were big hefty brass things) and any dart which hit the board outside the doubles or outside of the top 3 segments mentioned was void. Had you seen my competence at darts you would know that 0:0 was not so unusual. Oh, and as for Subbute I ought to have clarified that I played 10 minute halves.
    Thanks. Much clearer now the conditions have been explained. Could you now please contact the Mail and ask them to clarify how the pass length statistics were arrived at?

Championship

Wigan:
    Wigan Athletic 2019-20 Retained List Update
    Contract offers have been made to Nick Powell and Owen Evans
    First team players Darron Gibson, Callum McManaman, Shaun MacDonald, Jonas Olsson, James Vaughan and Dan Lavercombe have been released

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011