+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Supporters trust want direct say

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_frog_82 View Post
    gained us some decent managers mcparland
    Those six words alone render your post as laughable!

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_frog_82 View Post
    jah was a god, he single handedly dismantled that grotesque abominable organisation and sold us on - we were sold to munto and gained us some decent managers mcparland, backe, michael johnson and cotterill and we enjoyed an incredible year which should have gave us the platform to build on unfortunately we got lumbered with the trews and hardy who had no idea what a decent manager looked like without jah we would have been non-league a long time ago and wouldn't have had the good times and a chance to progress onto greater things if we go down the trust road again i fear we will never get another chance
    Bizzare post, we ended up with Trew and Hardy because the mess that Munto created illegally!

PS: For the record I was one of the 38 that voted against selling to Munto

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Before you can make that statement with conviction, you would need access to the accounts which he denied other trust board members.
    The shenanigans that went on in the latter days of the trust were astonishing. And depressing. A lot of what went on never came out, and probably never will. I've now seen close up what power can do to people, and it's truly shocking.

That said, it's time to move on and worry about the future now!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Bizzare post, we ended up with Trew and Hardy because the mess that Munto created illegally!

Ten years ago this summer, incredible.

You do have to wonder where we'd be now if Russell King hadn't come for us. Enough has happened since to suggest it was very much a case of short term gain for long term pain but we probably did pick up a fair percentage of the current support base which just wasn't there in the years pre-Munto.

There was a recording of the meeting in which JAH pitched Munto's case, all I can remember about it now is one dissenting voice being shouted down and JAH calling him out as "Rebel Magpie" who'd been posting on the forums. It would be a fascinating listen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, but I am usually pretty good at reading between the lines.

I know you had a closer involvement back then via sponsorship, so if you know different please enlighten me.
    I only know how difficult things were and how hard JAH worked to keep things together but I’m sure people know much more than me and if they had the chance (or the balls) they could have done a much better job.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post

well it was a lot better than the years previous i can tell you. we are relegated this year but it was harder to watch us get battered by macclesfield 5-0 at home with gill and bolland prancing around the pitch in those days - we were a dying breed munto came in and gave us new life there was a chance for a push but they overspent and brought in crap managers

The last few months of Trust ownership were worse than things are now. At least while everything's going wrong around us at the moment there's a sense of purpose and camaraderie among the supporters. It makes me feel we'll ultimately get out of this mess one way or another. Back in 2009 the political divisions in the fan base among the pro-JAH/anti-JAH camps were so deep and I found the whole thing so demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I'm wondering this too. Is there a Trust Board now? Who's on it? What's the membership? Supporter representation at football clubs can be a force for good, but those questions could/should have been clarified.

One paragraph is psrticularly puzzling:

If the sale doesn’t happen for some reason and Notts goes into administration, we will be there to organise the campaign to save our club. We did it before and if necessary, we’ll do it again."

As far as I know, the small group of supporters who were responsible for organising the fundraising last time (and did a fantastic job whatever people think of the Trust) have nothing to do with the Trust now, so the 'we did it before' seems a very odd thing to say.
    My thoughts precisely Cher, John T., Kerry U. & All. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There was a recording of the meeting in which JAH pitched Munto's case, all I can remember about it now is one dissenting voice being shouted down and JAH calling him out as "Rebel Magpie" who'd been posting on the forums. It would be a fascinating listen now.
    Bloody hell, that's stirred a few memories! Was this the meeting held at the ground a bit before Munto took control? If so, I made the effort to attend with an open mind because I was unsure what to do with my Supporters Trust vote regarding Munto. JAH chaired the meeting, and to my incredulity started it by attacking Rebel Magpie and Natty, who I didn't know personally but knew from his Jethrothecat messageboard persona (on Rivals) as a diehard Notts fan who would bleed black and white. That was the first time I had reservations about JAH. This is only from memory, but I also remember putting a face to the name of Jurgen and P4U even though it was on what I heard standing close by rather than any formal introductions.

Personally Elite l suspect the Trust in its new secret format are sharing Big Al's Wet Dreams about the mystery buyers, which all may be brought to fruition after our appearance in Court tomorrow. Should our Tax Bill be paid or not, as the case maybe.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 06-05-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast