+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Supporters trust want direct say

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Those six words alone render your post as laughable!
    Ah. Your Sunday morning football experience is shining bright yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    They want to meet the new owners to have a direct say in how the club is run.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-want-2837516

If I remember correctly they made a mess of it last time they were involved.
    Don't want them involved. Look what they did last time with the JAH Munro fiasco.

Some bloke called Mike Scott on BBC Radio Nottingham this morning representing ' The Trust ', just echoing the statement made.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    They want to meet the new owners to have a direct say in how the club is run.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-want-2837516

If I remember correctly they made a mess of it last time they were involved.
    I’m sorry but in my view it’s fantasy to expect any would be new owner to allow a supporters trust to have a direct say in the running of the club.

It sounds like a demand to me rather than a request to any would be new owner.

The best they could hope for would be a pledge that the owners would engage with the supporters trust, and give them a platform to air their views.

I just couldn’t see how the supporters trust in the boardroom (which it sounds like is what they want in my opinion) would work. Whoever makes the investment calls the tune.

Perhaps for the avoidance of doubt they need to elaborate on what is meant by the statement ‘direct say’ as to what they want. Do they want to be represented in the boardroom, regular meetings to air their views / concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Some bloke called Mike Scott on BBC Radio Nottingham this morning representing ' The Trust ', just echoing the statement made.
    Rumour has it he is the Chairman of the Supporters Trust, I was under the impression that when the Trust Membership voted to hand over the Club to Munto Finance it was not long after that the Trust was dissolved, I maybe wrong it has to be about 10 years ago that it happened i suspect.

I would be interested to know what their Membership numbers are along with the level of finances they have in their control which enables them to issue a statement or request to speak with the potential new owners regarding the future of the clubit sounds all very much clutching at straws at the eleventh hour imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Rumour has it he is the Chairman of the Supporters Trust, I was under the impression that when the Trust Membership voted to hand over the Club to Munto Finance it was not long after that the Trust was dissolved, I maybe wrong it has to be about 10 years ago that it happened i suspect.

I would be interested to know what their Membership numbers are along with the level of finances they have in their control which enables them to issue a statement or request to speak with the potential new owners regarding the future of the clubit sounds all very much clutching at straws at the eleventh hour imo.
    Surely they must have some online presence? Like you, I'd like to see the membership numbers. I think some clarity on their part is needed now.

Rumour has it he is the Chairman of the Supporters Trust,
    It's not a rumour. Don't you guys read the links posted earlier?

From the OS:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/fans...r-groups/ncst/

I'll spoonfeed you:

"Our aims

We are quite different from the other organisations representing supporters, though we share many of their aims. This is because we don’t represent a particular group, but exist to do two things: to protect the Club in times of crisis and to advocate a direct voice for supporters in the running of our club. While some clubs are run wholly by their supporters (eg. Wimbledon and Exeter) NCST seeks to work alongside owners to achieve the best balance of responsibility for everyone involved.

Contact

Email Mike Scott (NCST Chair)"

So there you are - go to the horses mouth if you want further information and email the guy.

I was a member of the trust like a lot of fans and I think it was something like that. I think after passing the shares to Munto it basically disbanded or morphed into the name Supporters Trust but with none of the more well known leaders/members and was a handful of other people. So basically it was a skeleton of its former self at it had served its purpose (or not).

I used to get the occasional letter as I’m sure other fans did about elections but then they stopped. The last I heard of them was I think when Ray Trew was selling the club?

So in conclusion my thoughts are it’s a reincarnation of the old Supporters Trust but with only a handful of members.

I agree with the later post from Keldsyke. If this new Supporters Trust want representation then the fans need further clarity and information as to who are involved in running this, membership numbers etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It's not a rumour. Don't you guys read the links posted earlier?

From the OS:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/fans...r-groups/ncst/

I'll spoonfeed you:

"Our aims

We are quite different from the other organisations representing supporters, though we share many of their aims. This is because we don’t represent a particular group, but exist to do two things: to protect the Club in times of crisis and to advocate a direct voice for supporters in the running of our club. While some clubs are run wholly by their supporters (eg. Wimbledon and Exeter) NCST seeks to work alongside owners to achieve the best balance of responsibility for everyone involved.

Contact

Email Mike Scott (NCST Chair)"

So there you are - go to the horses mouth if you want further information and email the guy.
    I was a member of the original Trust that raised the money to save the Club, as I stated in a post above this the Trust was dissolved shortly after bequeathing the Club to Munto Finance. At this stage I am sure the last thing we need is this group to show above the Parapets as the potential new owners are trying to get the deal done.

If the Tax debts are settled in Court today at what ever time I am sure we will hear more news sooner rather than later, as for the membership numbers of this ' New Trust ' I am sure I am not on my own wanting to know, if they are so strong why have they not chosen to appear on the Radio before now.

I have a memory of reading somewhere that the Trust attempted to organise a meeting to disband in the aftermath of the Munto season, but by that time they'd annoyed so many people that they couldn't get the necessary number of people to attend for the decision to be legally valid.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast