+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supporters trust want direct say

Supporters trust want direct say

They want to meet the new owners to have a direct say in how the club is run.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-want-2837516

If I remember correctly they made a mess of it last time they were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    They want to meet the new owners to have a direct say in how the club is run.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-want-2837516

If I remember correctly they made a mess of it last time they were involved.
    That’s true didn’t we get relegated out of the league on their watch?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    That’s true didn’t we get relegated out of the league on their watch?
    Who are the trust? It seems all cloak and dagger, no names mentioned in the statement. A few months sgo they said they were able to help with funds if the club went into admin.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Who are the trust? It seems all cloak and dagger, no names mentioned in the statement. A few months sgo they said they were able to help with funds if the club went into admin.
    No idea Keldsyke but they did good a holding job in a terrible situation

The trust in part, saved the club before Hayden Green stepped in, they had a purpose back then and I'm sure one could play a part, especially in the Non-League.
    Problem then was some got an ego from it (hmmm where have we heard that before) and in the end failed miserably to hand the club over to fit and proper owners.

Having said that, had they not, would we still exist back then.

Donna ax who de supporters trust is, itsa severamente proibito, capisce?

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/fans...r-groups/ncst/

Who are the trust? It seems all cloak and dagger, no names mentioned in the statement
    I'm wondering this too. Is there a Trust Board now? Who's on it? What's the membership? Supporter representation at football clubs can be a force for good, but those questions could/should have been clarified.

One paragraph is psrticularly puzzling:

If the sale doesn’t happen for some reason and Notts goes into administration, we will be there to organise the campaign to save our club. We did it before and if necessary, we’ll do it again."

As far as I know, the small group of supporters who were responsible for organising the fundraising last time (and did a fantastic job whatever people think of the Trust) have nothing to do with the Trust now, so the 'we did it before' seems a very odd thing to say.

if the egotistical busy-body maniacs of the trust return i too vow to return to crush them like i did last time - these people have no place in a football club they simply want a platform to push their own sorry agendas as they have not had the ability themselves to become savvy business people and earn the chance rightfully to take control of a football club instead they jump onto the political bandwagon hoping to win the hearts and minds of the gullible with their lamebrained rhetoric who will follow them on a direct course to the oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    No idea Keldsyke but they did good a holding job in a terrible situation
    Yes and no. The trust in it's original form was ***** to the survival of our club, and their hard work and unceasing effort in the early days will always be appreciated by me. But then ambition and personalities seemed to take over, and the baddies seemed to wrest control from the goodies in my opinion. At the start I think they all had the continued survival of Notts County as paramount, but after that I suspect the lure of power proved a bit too hard to resist for some.

Not wanting to name names, but I never tire of seeing the pic of JAH in front of the Sirrel stand with the O and Y of COUNTY obscured!

Seems pretty presumptuous from the Trust. Who would spend millions buying a business and then let a bunch of amateurs "have a say" in how it is run?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast