+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crewe releases

With the exception of Bowery, whose offer was probably made back when talks opened at the turn of the year and hasn't said yes or no yet, the other offers were probably only made this week - Hunty's accepted within a day no doubt. Quite a few others not signed? Finney who we do want, and why would he not sign, Billy Sass who's made it to the squad last couple of weeks, and 4 who've occasionally been on bench. What need to decide before now? Only 2 signed from Academy too, so a bit of room in squad - absolutely agree need CH nearer team than Billy Sass will be, FB and one maybe two strikers - assuming Bowery eventually declines offer. (At least George Ray hasn't made us wait on an answer, which is helpful - maybe yesterday's Vale takeover helped decide him!)

One Garratt question answered - I see from interview with Kenny on O/S that "Garratt had his offer revoked after failing to agree to sign ahead of a set deadline." That suggests too that Bowery must have agreed to those terms or his offer would have been revoked too.

Agree with all those release, Garratt has not progressed as we expected him to do so but in my opinion has gone backwards. Ray had to go but not for that last appearance at home . His has always been suspect and needs a fresh challenge. Nicholls and Raynes are the easy ones to release. Football can be brutal, Miller has agreed to terminate his contract if he can a new club. This will free up monies to sign new players and it will see how good the management team are at attracting new players . Will Nicky Maynard get to return to lead our forward line.Going to be a few interesting months .

Yes - the Miller comment's interesting now I've seen the whole Kenny vid - wonder why the O/S didn't quote that in the written summary ... Mutually agreed if Shaun can find another club he can have a free, if not then he and club will both commit to next year. That was a signing that didn't work out in the end, shame for both because I think he was really happy back here - needs to be playing not coming off the bench for 15 minutes though.

So we need at least 2 strikers, maybe more as I doubt Bowery will sign. Hope they have targets in mind as I doubt it will be Nicky somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12