+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr or Inverness

Ayr or Inverness

Hard call as to which of these two we want.

First leg is tonight whilst we put our feet up!

ICT are probably the better side but Ayr have a few standout performers.

The 5-0 defeat is still in the memory and was under RN’s watch - McCall would love the chance to beat us too.

Overall I’d probably prefer Ayr but somehow going to be more painful if we lose to them.

I suspect if Ayr stay down they’ll be easy beaten next season with players leaving - this is their one chance to go up. ICT would be more competitive opposition next season if we can’t make it up ourselves

On anything but our most recent form we would struggle against either so not counting any chickens yet and it'll take 4 excellent performances and every player giving 100% for us to have a chance of going up. I reckon ICT will kick lumps out of Ayr.

Really not fussed, you'd have to fancy ICT overall to win, hope they are close games that's all

Whichever one is easiest to get to on a Tuesday night.

Ayr
    Smaller squad. More stretched with injury and number of games piling up. Try to play football not hammerthrowers.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Hard call as to which of these two we want.

First leg is tonight whilst we put our feet up!

ICT are probably the better side but Ayr have a few standout performers.

The 5-0 defeat is still in the memory and was under RN’s watch - McCall would love the chance to beat us too.

Overall I’d probably prefer Ayr but somehow going to be more painful if we lose to them.

I suspect if Ayr stay down they’ll be easy beaten next season with players leaving - this is their one chance to go up. ICT would be more competitive opposition next season if we can’t make it up ourselves
    You make some valid points LSA, pretty much the way I see it.
    I'll go for Ayr but like you say....

Ayr for me cos I think even if we beat ICT, were it them, they would kick the sh1t out of us and therefore affect the final play off.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Ayr for me cos I think even if we beat ICT, were it them, they would kick the sh1t out of us and therefore affect the final play off.
    Both sides can handle themselves physically but probably right that ICT are a bit more that way inclined and have the bigger squad etc.

Ideal tonight plenty of energy expended by both and that it remains close for second legs.

Any sending offs or suspensions will be a bonus if they carry on to our matches

ICT knocked us out of the cup after me wanting them as opposed to getting Ross County.
    So I don't want them this time.
    Ayr for me as if they sneak passed ICT they might slip back to their poor form for us.

Both teams very much beatable but we need to be fired up for whoever as both arsehole managers will have Ayr and ICT right up for it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)