+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 team SPFL Championship on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    This colt teams into the league pish was kicked out by the clubs recently was it not ?

The Glasgow FA keep trying though eh.

If they try and go ahead with this there will be a massive back lash I suspect. Hopefully.

Utter nonsense yet again from the muppets running our game.
    Agree utter nonsense indeed. I'd tell them to get right away to phuck with any idea of introducing Old Firm colt teams. One from each is more than enough. If it was up to me I'd tell them to piss off to the English Leagues with their main sides but we all know they wouldn't accept them, unfortunately.

Sorry ! Duplicate post.

It doesn't say colt teams will necessarily be involved in the Championship directly, just they my be included in a larger league restructure to facilitate the extra teams required.

However, I'm all against it no matter what. The balls up they've made is the fizzy (and there are loads aside from this) is good evidence.

12 teams is fine, teams like Raith and Falkirk could easily slot into the 12 team league. the colt teams can take a f uck to themselves as can the corrupt SFA for even having the audacity to suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Agree utter nonsense indeed. I'd tell them to get right away to phuck with any idea of introducing Old Firm colt teams. One from each is more than enough. If it was up to me I'd tell them to piss off to the English Leagues with their main sides but we all know they wouldn't accept them, unfortunately.
    Maybe thats what its all about maybe moves HAVE been put in place for them to move to lower league engurland?

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Maybe thats what its all about maybe moves HAVE been put in place for them to move to lower league engurland?
    Good point, who knows what's going on in the background.

44 games then the teams in the playoffs have to go through the unfair promotion play off after that amount of games.

Finish 3rd or 4th then you would need to get through 50 games to get promoted.

Insanity.

Just go to 18 teams then it's once home, once away. 36 games.

And then sort the playoffs. 11th in prem should play 4th in Championship with 2nd via 3rd in the semis.

Load of ****e with the colts. Away to **** with that. Pop them in the lowland and highland by all means but not the SPFL setup.

I'd imagine it'll be 44 games then 11th vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd then winner vs winner. They won't be able to keep the playoffs the same format as they are now. That would mean the 11th placed team waiting nearly 3 weeks to play the playoff final as both leagues would finish at same time as opposed to the 2 week difference we have at the moment.

Don't get this 18 team talk, it was utterly dreadful before the change to smaller leagues, so many more downsides, that's why it was changed in due the same would apply with that size 2nd tier, an very good division as it is

That's why the seventies ended up with all time low crowds across the board before the change to Premier division, absolutely full of meaningless games, many teams with nothing to play for halfway through the seasons

The current set up is excellent, not without flaws but much much better and most teams have something to play for to the end or near the end of each season, 12 is fine, at a push go to 14 with 6-8 split, 2 down automatically and a play off

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't get this 18 team talk, it was utterly dreadful before the change to smaller leagues, so many more downsides, that's why it was changed in due the same would apply with that size 2nd tier, an very good division as it is

That's why the seventies ended up with all time low crowds across the board before the change to Premier division, absolutely full of meaningless games, many teams with nothing to play for halfway through the seasons

The current set up is excellent, not without flaws but much much better and most teams have something to play for to the end or near the end of each season, 12 is fine, at a push go to 14 with 6-8 split, 2 down automatically and a play off
    Spot on Shedka.
    I've just written an epistle on Arabs Anonymous along these lines.

Oh the irony, Arabs Anonymous & I've just blown my cover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)