+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so they all bang on about the Premier being the best league in the world....

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Because it isn't and only SKY and BT Sports say it is .

For commercial reasons of course .

The day Man Utd , Liverpool or City take a top player off Barcelona , Real Madrid or even Bayern Munich will be a first .

The strength of our League is its depth. Ninety two professional'clubs who all get reasonable support. Compare with other leagues. Possibly Germany, but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    The strength of our League is its depth. Ninety two professional'clubs who all get reasonable support. Compare with other leagues. Possibly Germany, but I doubt it
    I don't usually agree with much you post Wardy but I do agree with the breadth of support in this country, it is like no other.

Back to the meaning of the thread, what gets me each season is that there are 15 teams with naff all chance of winning it and they end up 20,30 or even 40 points off the pace. Youll recognise this next season when youre one of the strugglers but it will only be for a season I hope.

I think it is best league. Barca and other European teams may be bigger and may be better. But I think its the competitiveness and like that's already been pointed out the attendances. Even the championship. What are the attendances in the second tier of Europe's leagues.(yes I know the op was premier league)

the premier league strength is in its depth. generally any club can lose against anyone on a given day. apart from city & liverpool who have been unbelievably consistent, there is no easy game in the prem.
    looking at la liga, ligue 1, serie a or bundesliga, once you look beyond a top 4, what do you have? not a lot.

As much as I couldnt care less about the Prem teams, I still think its the best and most exciting league to watch. Id rather watch it instead of the Italian or Spanish or German or French leagues etc!.

However... I still think the English 2nd Division (the Championship) is still the dogs bollx of exciting and unpredictable leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As much as I couldnt care less about the Prem teams, I still think its the best and most exciting league to watch. Id rather watch it instead of the Italian or Spanish or German or French leagues etc!.

However... I still think the English 2nd Division (the Championship) is still the dogs bollx of exciting and unpredictable leagues.

Championship 3rd best supported league in Europe and definitely the most competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Championship 3rd best supported league in Europe and definitely the most competitive.
    Yes it is Wardy, and Im agreeing with you there as your a blatantly obvious ex-Tyke on here lol.
    Hey Wards, why cant you be nice like Rodney Blunt eh, the 'tikka/korma' Currie kid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12