+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T FAO WolfieBill

O/T FAO WolfieBill

Envious! You ain't bloody kidding. In case you didn't know I am a complete anorak when it comes to trains. If you get a chance post a few pics when you get back.

I used to enjoy Dorset Gold and Black's train postings. Got me interested and my wife in turn. We have been on 3 steam train away days and have another booked for this year.

Some great stuff on you tube including footage of model railway rides from cameras mounted in the engine. I also enjoy the Michael Portillo train journeys series.

Hi guys, I will certainly do my best to get a few photos. We pick up the 2 steam engines in York and then travel up to Edinburgh. I'm sure that York station will be absolutely packed out, but we do have a 2 hour stop there to changeover from the "vintage" diesel loco that's pulling us from Victoria station. More info on our trip:

https://steamdreamsblog.com/2018/05/...d-in-may-2019/

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Hi guys, I will certainly do my best to get a few photos. We pick up the 2 steam engines in York and then travel up to Edinburgh. I'm sure that York station will be absolutely packed out, but we do have a 2 hour stop there to changeover from the "vintage" diesel loco that's pulling us from Victoria station. More info on our trip:

https://steamdreamsblog.com/2018/05/...d-in-may-2019/
    Cheers mate, great stuff!

I watched the train pass through Rugeley Trent Valley this afternoon. Plenty of smoke and steam from Mayflower, with a diesel working hard at the rear.

Hi guys,

I'm going to try!! to insert a small Video of Mayflower coming into Bridge of Orchy station. Shot using my mobile phone; not great quality, but ....

Name:  Flying Scotsman +piper (2).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  90.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Name:  Flying Scotsman +piper (2).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  90.7 KB
    Great photo mate. The A3 pacifics locos were one of my favorites when I was a kid.

You look good in that Kilt by the way!

Thanks Woodie, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get a melodious tune out one of those things (if that is indeed possible)....

I haven't figured out how to upload video footage yet, so if anyone knows, could they give me some pointers, please

I had the same problem WB. What I did in the end was make a YouTube account, post it there and then copy and paste the URL onto my post on the board. It worked for a while but then it was deleted. The post was of George Bush's funeral train so maybe there was a copyright problem. Don't know, but give it a shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)