+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting ..

Meeting ..

Just come back from a meeting with Paul Douglas ,Rob Scott, Stadium manager, and head of supporter liaisons. Tony Stewart could not make it

Quite informative but very secretive with some probing questions .

1.Temp Barrier up NEW YORK WAY Club tried not to use it as much last season to help the crush on Don street .The area has been vetted independently AT THE CORNER after a match and has been deemed although busy no danger .Would COST 120K for a perm one
    2.Rob Scott wont release any targets ans want to keep thing close to his chest also want to tap into Europe .Eastern Europe ,more in our price range .Mix of perm and loans expected . The European players will be more than likely in JAN due to the fact they sign Pre contracts .Has Targets domestically already identified for the start of season .He spoke very well clearly knows whats hes doing .
    3. I asked about contracts, sell on clauses and buy out clauses PD said it would be unfair to say anything but there might be in some player contracts .RS intersected Market value is Market Value i assume he means if somebody bid for a player at a buy out clause we don't have to sell him .Suppose it down to who bids more .
    4. Paul Warne will be given tools to give us a promotion push as expected
    5.No intentions to change the loyalty points system may look at a wipe/reset in a couple of years same as England do 6. Didn't have time to mention G/C more to do with TS
    7.May look at disabled season tickets and making a block for people that are finding it hard to navigate the steps. I.E recent ailments and now want to move to a area designated for them
    8. Looking at reducing q's at kiosks .This question always come up .Meeting have took place with the catering company to improve staffing skills.
    Wanted to ask loads more by PD wanted to wrap it up . Apparently there will be a big one for all nearer the season starting .

Obviously it's good that the Safety of supporters and transfer dealings heve been discussed but what about the flags??

Maybe that's why Uncle Tone was deemed 'busy' elsewhere Avoiding the tough questions by the look of it

PMS, cheers for this pal.

On the last point, 'Wanted to ask loads more by PD wanted to wrap it up . Apparently there will be a big one for all nearer the season starting'.

Will this be a meeting where OPEN questions from the floor can be asked, and not previous vetted ones so no - one rocks the boat with a question that may make those in the top chairs squirm?

Always found these 'big meetings' to be nothing more than a PR exercise and nothing comes out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Just come back from a meeting with Paul Douglas ,Rob Scott, Stadium manager, and head of supporter liaisons. Tony Stewart could not make it

Quite informative but very secretive with some probing questions .

1.Temp Barrier up NEW YORK WAY Club tried not to use it as much last season to help the crush on Don street .The area has been vetted independently AT THE CORNER after a match and has been deemed although busy no danger .Would COST 120K for a perm one
    2.Rob Scott wont release any targets ans want to keep thing close to his chest also want to tap into Europe .Eastern Europe ,more in our price range .Mix of perm and loans expected . The European players will be more than likely in JAN due to the fact they sign Pre contracts .Has Targets domestically already identified for the start of season .He spoke very well clearly knows whats hes doing .
    3. I asked about contracts, sell on clauses and buy out clauses PD said it would be unfair to say anything but there might be in some player contracts .RS intersected Market value is Market Value i assume he means if somebody bid for a player at a buy out clause we don't have to sell him .Suppose it down to who bids more .
    4. Paul Warne will be given tools to give us a promotion push as expected
    5.No intentions to change the loyalty points system may look at a wipe/reset in a couple of years same as England do 6. Didn't have time to mention G/C more to do with TS
    7.May look at disabled season tickets and making a block for people that are finding it hard to navigate the steps. I.E recent ailments and now want to move to a area designated for them
    8. Looking at reducing q's at kiosks .This question always come up .Meeting have took place with the catering company to improve staffing skills.
    Wanted to ask loads more by PD wanted to wrap it up . Apparently there will be a big one for all nearer the season starting .
    £120k for a barrier? I'd leave it how it is!!

I also need to get myself into the barrier business!!

1- shop around
    2- rightly so
    3- understandable
    4- as always
    5- good idea
    6- be same story anyway
    7- yes that is needed
    8- need new caterers in concourse imo

Get to he big one fans and ask your question/s

Cheers poker

lol....thats a funny meeting was it with the three monkeys

Glad RS is keeping transfer targets quiet. Is it the case that the majority of transfers happen close to the deadline in football?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Glad RS is keeping transfer targets quiet. Is it the case that the majority of transfers happen close to the deadline in football?
    I'm sure he'll try to keep the targets quiet but the agents won't. As soon as there's interest the agents will be shouting it from the rooftops.

I’m not getting this barrier topic. Item 1

Can anybody explain a bit more clearly what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m not getting this barrier topic. Item 1

Can anybody explain a bit more clearly what it is?
    The Don Street crush not considered to be dangerous. So the barriers/Don St exit strategy will still be used if deemed necessary. Permanent barriers looked at as an alternative to temp ones but expensive. That's how I read it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast