+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting ..

Facilities .….whats happening with all the empty commercial units around the stadium?

Ive asked the question regarding having a bar for season ticket holders run by volunteers sponsored by a local brewery holding matchday raffles and fund raising ….all the profit going to the academy.....this is a proven fund raiser at Oakwell (Redfearns Bar)I was told they were looking for a permanent solution....whats more permanent than season ticket holders ,"Once a Miller...…" we are not pop up supporters im sure it would be a success .The Ronnie Moore Bar

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Well the other way to cut queues would be to have bigger fridges and just sell the bottled beers and ciders.
    Or do what QPR do and charge fans £5 for a can of Carling...

Quite a few pubs near to sporting venues have pints poured and lined up on the bar. Certainly one I use near Headingley and The Anfield in Liverpool. Unless of course it's now against H&S.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Those beer filling thingys are at most busy venues in the US (stadiums, arenas, even theme parks). Trouble is, I suspect they only work with crappy US light style beers like Bud, Coors etc. I don’t know if they could handle a decent ale.
    A plumber who works on them tell me they are filled directly from the men's urinals

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Surprised a bit at Scott's comments regarding looking to Eastern Europe. I've read a couple of things suggesting Brexit will make it virtually impossible to sign second or third tier EU players. That said I may have got the wrong end of the stick.
    I think you've definitely got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Brexit won't happen.....our double-dealing politicians will see to that ☹.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I asked the question about the barrier the answer was you would rather have "100k spent on a player wouldn't you"
    That's a pretty shocking reply. Not that I'm suggesting such a grave outcome but I guess the safety officers at Glasgow Rangers, Bradford, Hillsborough...all asked questions afterwards like "Why didn't we, could we have...." etc. Let's hope we don't end up saying "If only we'd spent that 100K?".

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's a pretty shocking reply. Not that I'm suggesting such a grave outcome but I guess the safety officers at Glasgow Rangers, Bradford, Hillsborough...all asked questions afterwards like "Why didn't we, could we have...." etc. Let's hope we don't end up saying "If only we'd spent that 100K?".
    I don't know what question PMS asked about the barrier.

I get the impression that it's not a case of saving £100k instead of making Don Street safe.

Independent evaluations have found (rightly or wrongly) that home fans all exiting via Don Street is safe.
    This being the case barriers are necessary to stop home fans exiting the other way, with the away fans.

The barrier can either be a permanent one, costing £100k, plus or the temporary ones used now costing nowt.

If that's correct it's not a case of putting signing a player before the safety of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think you've definitely got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Brexit won't happen.....our double-dealing politicians will see to that ☹.
    They'll certainly try it that but people won't give up so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Facilities .….whats happening with all the empty commercial units around the stadium?

Ive asked the question regarding having a bar for season ticket holders run by volunteers sponsored by a local brewery holding matchday raffles and fund raising ….all the profit going to the academy.....this is a proven fund raiser at Oakwell (Redfearns Bar)I was told they were looking for a permanent solution....whats more permanent than season ticket holders ,"Once a Miller...…" we are not pop up supporters im sure it would be a success .The Ronnie Moore Bar
    Brilliant idea, been crying out for something like that since the stadium opened, but im afraid bogs youre floggin a ded hoss.

Will anybody support me on lobbying the Management on creating a Ronnie Moore Bar as described above ? I need some support here fellas ,any support /contact would be appreciated .

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast