+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colwick Park

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    So instead of just walking to Medder Lane from the city centre on a miserable Tuesday night in February, we would now have to catch an extra bus to Collick, and after the evening's entertainment, queue in the dark, in the sleet, for buses to get us home before midnight. Delightful, I cannot wait.

The new owners must surely think this is an inducement for a greater fan following. Think of the away support already in double figures, dwindling to less than 1.
    I think this is where the monorail comes in. ��

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Looking more and more likely to be our new home.

The City Council didn’t want us at Meadow Lane when they published development plans and now property investors are sniffing.

Given the council own the land with the clubs owners agreement we could move and the land be developed.

I’d rather we cease to exist than lose Meadow Lane.
    2+2=846

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I fully agree. I can’t understand why anyone would be happy for us to give up our ground so easily for us to be moved to a 10,000 standard out of the box ground out of the city of Nottingham. Clubs generally move to bigger stadiums to realise their potential and to attract new supporters. Not to downsize which would highly likely be the case with Notts.

This club has the support and fan base to that of a mid table league one club. That is our natural level. Just because we have fallen to our lowest ever level it’s not time to start realigning the club to that level. If we do that we will be stuck in non-league forever.

Also Meadow Lane in its current form is only 25 years old. I wouldn’t exactly call it shabby or old. In fact it’s quite new compared to many grounds up and down the country

We could be seen as easy pickings and vulnerable as the club is at its lowest level but we have to fight for our home if need be. It’s Derek Pavis’s lasting legacy and Haydn Greens gift that keeps us there and why we should be there. Plus we have played on that site for 119 years.

The club might be down but it’s far from being out while it’s got it’s 5-6,000 as I will keep saying.
    This this this. Meadow Lane is our home, and I'm proud of it. I would fight any attempt to downsize the club to match our current ****ty circumstances.

How far is Colwick Park from Meadow Lane, apologies i am not that familiar with other parts of Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    How far is Colwick Park from Meadow Lane, apologies i am not that familiar with other parts of Nottingham.
    The racecourse is just over a mile to the east, by bird flight.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This this this. Meadow Lane is our home, and I'm proud of it. I would fight any attempt to downsize the club to match our current ****ty circumstances.
    Whatever secret plans these people have for the club, and it most definitely is all a big secret at the moment, there are now signs that supporters are beginning to mobilise. We've suddenly heard from a long dormant Trust and the Supporters Club chairman has spoken up in the press.

If a takeover isn't close to a done deal then we could well be looking at another power struggle with those at the forefront of that struggle seeking support from the fanbase, especially if the club were to go into admin. That's basically what happened last time, supporters ended up being divided between pro and anti-Scardino and it set the tone for the next 5 years or so, a club divided without focus. You'd just hope this time around that supporters can be united behind a common goal and a much more positive outcome.

Maybe they have come out of the wood work cos they aren't getting told anything.Toys out the pram?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Maybe they have come out of the wood work cos they aren't getting told anything.Toys out the pram?
    I don't think it's toys out of the pram.

The bottom line is that supporters basically do want what is best for the club. Owners, first and foremost, want what's best for themselves. It's no different to politics really, ultimately the people do have the power to prop these individuals up or bring them down. With that in mind, supporters should be informed as much as reasonably is possible. I don't think that is what we're seeing at the moment however and they have every right to feel concerned about it, to the point of kicking up a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

The bottom line is that supporters basically do want what is best for the club. Owners, first and foremost, want what's best for themselves. It's no different to politics really, ultimately the people do have the power to prop these individuals up or bring them down. With that in mind, supporters should be informed as much as reasonably is possible. I don't think that is what we're seeing at the moment however and they have every right to feel concerned about it, to the point of kicking up a stink.
    It's amazing,they have said diddly squat all season,despite the most shambolic in our history,they never piped up once with concerns

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

I think it's more a case of this continual impasse and people getting tired of this waiting game. This takeover has been happening since New Yearish? time and still no word, no names, nothing. That's 5 months, little wonder people begin to ask questions about the future of the club.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast