+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Retirement age

[QUOTE=Disco Buc;39297950]
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    My co-tenant will work Wed- Fri this week, the same next week, travels to Italy for a wedding the following Sunday (fit like Jormungand, min?), arrives back in the 'hood on Thursday, has Friday off as a holiday, and never needs to return to work thereafter.

I can see the finishing tape in sight for me in December. Thank ****.[/QUOTE

I can see you working on Vintage unless you have a stash that would make Ian Wid tak notice with one big WOW.
    Nope. I'm knackered, and that will be it. Recruitment here for a couple of senior positions key to mine has borne no fruit yet, and I've no doubt that I will be made the offer of a platinum-edged salary to bide on, since unles those positions are filled, mine won't be, but it disna interest me. I could already have been training a promising individual already employed here to ensure a pretty seamless transition, but apparently we prefer to recruit from outside. Nae my problem.

I've lived a simple, debt-free working life, have got the kids more or less set up, and have little need for material stuff beyond what I have, no desire for exotic holidays, or fine dining (apart fae the occasional steak pie supper). I'll get by quite easily. Books are likely to be my only extravagance (although I regard them as a necessity), along with collecting two sets of The Beatles' UK EP releases to pass on to the next generation. Good parenting, I think.

In the event you see me in rags, lolling in a puddle of my ain pish on a corner of Regent Street, strumming the chords to Hotel Chambermaid (E F#m A B C#m Abm incidentally) on my air Martin 0018, a warm black coffee (with an intensity of Arabica in the blend, please) and a cream cookie fae Stronach the baker will be welcomed. This is most weekends already, of course. Please give generously to more deserving cases.

.....and of course, we are booked in for hinging around folks gardens at the bottom of East Merkland Road every second Saturday during the fitba season.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    .....and of course, we are booked in for hinging around folks gardens at the bottom of East Merkland Road every second Saturday during the fitba season.
    Aye, but on alternate Saturdays, I may head west to have a pish in the W.A.N.K.S. geraniums and on their astro turf since they're ****s too. A rusty Sierra on blocks and a pish-soaked mattress may also be moved in after dark. I think I can possibly locate a supply stockpiled when the Bellfield residents came the **** way back when.

Oi Jorm. If you read this prior to your wedding*. I hope you are having your first dance to a Marduk song

Also im still up for a game in Holland near you and grab a beer.

*i hope im nae barking up the wrong tree here and it is you getting married

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456