+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement age

Retirement age

Would you be retiring at or will yous work on past that ..

Personally I think it's hard for tradesmen to retire due to family and friends always needing work done .
    I retired in my 50s got bored after 5 years and started helping folk oot .
    Then doing the odd job or 2 .
    Probably enjoy working more now because it's occasional .
    But some folk that I know don't need to work full time past retirement but they do don't get that part because as you get older their knees hurt like heck whilst doing plumbing and gas heating work .
    What about you lads then .

I'm saving for the earliest possible opportunity so I cant put an age on it.

As long as I die having lived the best life I could have which despite a couple of hiccups I feel I am doing a good job of and if Junior is sorted with a decent inheritance then ill be happy

I retired when I was 18 until about 30. I won’t get the chance to do it again. I’ll drop dead at work, possibly dressed as a lollipop man

55's a good time to retire.

I'm 5 years late.

Get a job offshore. Sit about watching tv and getting fat and moaning about yir lot. Pretty much retirement right there.

I'll retire today if you all want to club together and buy an opticians.

Fit like Buc min, long time no speak. I'm retiring in 2 years, been at it long enough now. Looking for somewhere warm to go during winter here, possibly Mexico. Life is too short not to enjoy it.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to go about 61 (which is getting hoooooorin' close) but it depends on a myriad of circumstances......mainly financial.

I want to do farkall when I retire.

I have very few God-given, natural, high-end talents, but doing nowt is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    Fit like Buc min, long time no speak. I'm retiring in 2 years, been at it long enough now. Looking for somewhere warm to go during winter here, possibly Mexico. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
    My Missus is American and she has a right thing for going to bide in Costa Rica when I hang up the spurs.

I ken diddly about the place but she's been reading about it and speaking to folk who reside there on her various social media groups.

It sounds arite from what she's said, but I'd probably get summarily executed in a gang revenge hit 48 hours after moving there knowing my luck.

I get to retire young so I'm going to Islay full time, writing a book and spending my spare time doing diy and ****.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast