+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hewitson out

Hewitson out

He’s the one calling all the shots. He’s the one that sacked Naysmith. He’s the one who’s dragging the good name of the club through the gutters. He may very well of done a lot of good things for Queens and I thank him for that but he’s the most unapproachable and disliked Chairman since Willie Harkness.

Only wish I knew someone capable of taken over

I’m no longer wasting my money travelling down to watch them until he’s gone.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    He’s the one calling all the shots. He’s the one that sacked Naysmith. He’s the one who’s dragging the good name of the club through the gutters. He may very well of done a lot of good things for Queens and I thank him for that but he’s the most unapproachable and disliked Chairman since Willie Harkness.

Only wish I knew someone capable of taken over

I’m no longer wasting my money travelling down to watch them until he’s gone.
    Hewitson sacked Gary without telling his fellow directors. What a complete and utter joke

Thinking back to the afternoon in late August when we cantered to a 3-0 victory at Falkirk, when double figures would have been a more accurate reflection of the balance of play, in the most one-sided Championship game I’ve ever seen - it’s quite remarkable to think that if we take that match out of the equation, we actually performed worse than that utter rabble over the course of the season.

5-0 and 4-0 victories against Ayr and Ross County respectively seem like distant memories now, but the warning signs were always there: a paper-thin squad heavily reliant on one ageing star, with very poor central defenders, lack of cover in most positions, but particularly in the striking department, and a bench filled with callow youngsters, who with the best will in the world were never Championship standard - I always took issue with the oft-expressed opinion that we had no-one on the bench capable of changing a game - we did, just not for the better.

The last 3 or 4 months have been an utter disaster, but it was always liable to be so, given that injuries and fatigue would kick in (it hardly required Nostradamus to see this). We’ve had very little luck in that respect, with (arguably) our three best players (Dobbie, Todd and Low) being particularly afflicted, but there was a certain inevitability to all this. Leaving aside managerial limitations (which has clearly been a factor), it feels like the chickens are finally coming home to roost on the penny-pinching short-termism that seems to be club’s modus operandi these days.

The squad now resembles a rabble of the barely-fit and the barely-interested. Few players have a contract for next year, with seemingly more players committed to (or attached to) other clubs than to our own. Yes, the loan market and short-term contracts are firmly where we are as a club at the moment, given our financial position and low crowds, but the impression lingers that (Dobbie aside) we have a transient group that may or may not feel much commitment to the club. The stark contrast between our performances in recent weeks and those of our relegation rivals is telling.

I’m not making excuses for Naysmith here btw - he’s looked like a beleaguered and demoralised figure of late, and a gloomy, negative mindset seems to have pervaded his approach on the park at times - but I think the club’s problems are much deeper rooted than the limitations of one man. I’m not at all optimistic about navigating our way through the play offs, but even if we do stay up, it’s hard to see anything other than a grim struggle ahead over the next few years.

From the P&B Site

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Thinking back to the afternoon in late August when we cantered to a 3-0 victory at Falkirk, when double figures would have been a more accurate reflection of the balance of play, in the most one-sided Championship game I’ve ever seen - it’s quite remarkable to think that if we take that match out of the equation, we actually performed worse than that utter rabble over the course of the season.

5-0 and 4-0 victories against Ayr and Ross County respectively seem like distant memories now, but the warning signs were always there: a paper-thin squad heavily reliant on one ageing star, with very poor central defenders, lack of cover in most positions, but particularly in the striking department, and a bench filled with callow youngsters, who with the best will in the world were never Championship standard - I always took issue with the oft-expressed opinion that we had no-one on the bench capable of changing a game - we did, just not for the better.

The last 3 or 4 months have been an utter disaster, but it was always liable to be so, given that injuries and fatigue would kick in (it hardly required Nostradamus to see this). We’ve had very little luck in that respect, with (arguably) our three best players (Dobbie, Todd and Low) being particularly afflicted, but there was a certain inevitability to all this. Leaving aside managerial limitations (which has clearly been a factor), it feels like the chickens are finally coming home to roost on the penny-pinching short-termism that seems to be club’s modus operandi these days.

The squad now resembles a rabble of the barely-fit and the barely-interested. Few players have a contract for next year, with seemingly more players committed to (or attached to) other clubs than to our own. Yes, the loan market and short-term contracts are firmly where we are as a club at the moment, given our financial position and low crowds, but the impression lingers that (Dobbie aside) we have a transient group that may or may not feel much commitment to the club. The stark contrast between our performances in recent weeks and those of our relegation rivals is telling.

I’m not making excuses for Naysmith here btw - he’s looked like a beleaguered and demoralised figure of late, and a gloomy, negative mindset seems to have pervaded his approach on the park at times - but I think the club’s problems are much deeper rooted than the limitations of one man. I’m not at all optimistic about navigating our way through the play offs, but even if we do stay up, it’s hard to see anything other than a grim struggle ahead over the next few years.

From the P&B Site
    Best post I have read on here for a long, long time

Hewitson sacked Gary without telling his fellow directors. What a complete and utter joke
    Not too sure about this as I heard Mark Blount was calling folk round about the same time.

Sacked by text message....the latest form of social media

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not too sure about this as I heard Mark Blount was calling folk round about the same time.
    You son know absolutely **** all.

You son know absolutely **** all.
    Only quoting from a good source.....You know F All
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 05-05-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Your good source is completely wrong.

Your good source is completely wrong.
    Apparently

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)