+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: European Elections

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't know who wrote this script sinkov, but it would have sounded very far fetched to me on the first reading, but here we have it!
    There was some Guardian journo wrote a piece last week BT, in which he came to the conclusion that Brexit had been deliberately designed to fail, so that Farage could come out of retirement and ride to the rescue of it. Clearly a serious case of Brexit Derangement Syndrome, Nigel is a clever chappie, but even he couldn't have scripted this farce, surely no one could, we must be here by accident.

It's bonkers sinkov, it really is!i

LibDems, we intend to ignore the 17.4 million bigoted, racist, Little Englanders who didn't realise they were being lied to during the referendum, well they wouldn't would they, they're all thick as mince, and demand a second referendum. If we should lose that as well, then we reserve the right to demand a third.

Fair criticism of my party, Sinkov. However, what was the Tories attitude to the 16 million or so who didn't vote 'leave'? What goes around comes around. Apathy wins and perhaps it is now on the side of remain, I hope so. The bit about leavers 'didn't realize they were being lied to during the referendum' seems accurate, because didn't they think they were voting against 'the establishment'?

Oh, I forgot our new slogan -- Lib Dems say "*******s to Brexit"!

Really, you can't say testicles on here?

Savanna - where have you been when I needed you?

The Lib Dems are my party too but I have been ploughing a lonely furrow on here among the hang 'em, flog 'em, send 'em back, PC gone mad, Nigel , Boris and Donald loving, I KNOW what I voted for brigade.

It has been hard Savanna but I'm still standing and still trying to drum some sense into them

B0llocks to Brexit indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by savannahclaret View Post

Fair criticism of my party, Sinkov. However, what was the Tories attitude to the 16 million or so who didn't vote 'leave'? What goes around comes around. Apathy wins and perhaps it is now on the side of remain, I hope so. The bit about leavers 'didn't realize they were being lied to during the referendum' seems accurate, because didn't they think they were voting against 'the establishment'?
    It isn't meant to be a criticism Savannah, just a rather tongue in cheek description of their position, but accurate enough imo. I say it's not a criticism because, as 59 will confirm, I've said all along that the LibDems have been open and honest about their intention to overturn the result of the referendum.
    The Tories attitude to the 16 million Remain voters is clear, they have done their very best for them, they are a Party of Remain, they campaigned to stay in, they lost in the referendum, but as the government of the day they were obliged to begin the process of taking us out of the EU. The Remain Tory PM refused to do it, so they appointed another Remainer in his place, she promptly appointed a Remainer Chancellor, three years later and we're still in the EU and looking less and less likely to leave by the day. I don't think Remainers can have too many complaints about the Tories, it's the Brexiteers flocking to sign up for Sir Nigel's Brexit Party, which I think tells you all you need to know about where the Tories stand on leaving the EU.

Anyway welcome mon ami, I'm pleased the board's resident LibDem will have some support, he takes awful stick from me and BT, but he takes it in good part, like the gentleman he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

B0llocks to Brexit indeed!
    59, if I translated that as B0llocks to 17.4 million people who thought they lived in a democracy, would you say I was being unfair ?

Not if you were standing in an election Sinkov.

If you agree then you will vote Lib Dem.

If you disagree then you won't.

Same as any other policy.

We can have another public vote! It will take place on May 23 and we can give a total kicking to both Conservatives and Labour.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)