+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: European Elections

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

European Elections

What a shambles...

Labour won't debate their manifesto.
    The Tories probably won't have one.
    The Brexit Party is releasing it's manifesto AFTER the election!

If you have more than one brain cell, how can you support any of the above?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...party-launches

We were promised unequivocally by the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom we would LEAVE the EU at 23.00 hours, 29.03.2019 as democratically decided.

If you have more than one brain cell, why the phook would you be writing or discussing election manifestos when we were never, ever intending to hold EU MEP elections in May?

The elections are taking place.

If a party wishes to partake (not compulsory) then the voters need to know your policies.

Even me, with my seven brain cells, understand that!

I TOLD you our love in wouldn't last BT!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    The elections are taking place.

If a party wishes to partake (not compulsory) then the voters need to know your policies.

Even me, with my seven brain cells, understand that!

I TOLD you our love in wouldn't last BT!
    You are only get all sanctimonious because the Yellow Belly's are launching tonight. Can't phooking wait!

European erections sounds much better for you political lads..

Why on earth would any sane person waste their time producing a manifesto for these EU elections. For a start no one will believe a word that's in them, and thus won't waste their time reading them. Secondly, it's highly unlikely the MEPs elected will ever take their seats, and if they do it will be for such a short period that a manifesto would be useful for not much more than wiping their bottoms on.

Anyway, I can do the job for them, here are the EU election manifestos for the main parties.

Conservative, we intend to carry on kicking the can down the road.

Labour, we will try to agree a deal with the Tories, or hold a second referendum, unless we can force a general election, in which case the first two manifesto promises will be ditched, and as we are a broad church we are open to any other suggestions, as to be honest we really don't have a fecking clue what to do or say about Brexit. Help !!

LibDems, we intend to ignore the 17.4 million bigoted, racist, Little Englanders who didn't realise they were being lied to during the referendum, well they wouldn't would they, they're all thick as mince, and demand a second referendum. If we should lose that as well, then we reserve the right to demand a third.

Change UK, if that indeed is our name, we intend to keep everything the same.

Greens, whatever the EU says on the environment. Whatever the EU says on everything else.

Brexit Party. We intend to implement the decision of the British people as expressed in the referendum. If we cannot agree a WA then we leave without one as per Article 50 of the Treaty of Rome.

Public Service at it's finest, that should save some printers bills, and some trees.
    Last edited by sinkov; 09-05-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Why on earth would any sane person waste their time producing a manifesto for these EU elections. For a start no one will believe a word that's in them, and thus won't waste their time reading them. Secondly, it's highly unlikely the MEPs elected will ever take their seats, and if they do it will be for such a short period that a manifesto would be useful for not much more than wiping their bottoms on.

Anyway, I can do the job for them, here are the EU election manifestos for the main parties.

Labour, we will try to agree a deal with the Tories, or hold a second referendum, unless we can force a general election, in which case the first two manifesto promises will be ditched, and as we are a broad church we are open to any other suggestions, as to be honest we really don't have a fecking clue what to do or say about Brexit. Help !!

LibDems, we intend to ignore the 17.4 million bigoted, racist, Little Englanders who didn't realise they were being lied to during the referendum, well they wouldn't would they, they're all thick as mince, and demand a second referendum. If we should lose that as well, then we reserve the right to demand a third.

Greens, whatever the EU says on the environment. Whatever the EU says on everything else.

Brexit Party. We intend to implement the decision of the British people as expressed in the referendum. If we cannot agree a WA then we leave without one as per Article 50 of the Treaty of Rome.

Public Service at it's finest, that should save some printers bills, and some trees.
    Phooking spot on appraisal is that sinkov. No other scenario makes any sense whatsoever. The apathy here in Bolton is astonishing, no-one and I mean no-one gives a flying phook anymore about Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The apathy here in Bolton is astonishing, no-one and I mean no-one gives a flying phook anymore about Brexit.
    That's been the Remainers strategy all along hasn't it BT, obstruct, delay, keep kicking the can down the road and eventually we'll get so fed up of it everyone will want to forget about it, and the problem will go away. And it has been quite successful up to now, but not any more, Sir Nigel has his teeth into it now, and whether May gets her Brino over the line or not makes no difference, he won't be letting go. The Brexit genie is well and truly out of the bottle now, there's no putting it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Thanks Sinkov - that's cleared things up!

Don't know who wrote this script sinkov, but it would have sounded very far fetched to me on the first reading, but here we have it!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)