+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: English Teams in European Cup Finals.

English Teams in European Cup Finals.

Well , ignoring the fact that most of the players are not English.....4 English teams in both of the European cup finals ;
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
    Arsenal

That must be a good thing for the future of English football....if you know what I mean ?

Well, another fact is that all the managers of these teams, are not English!!!

Conclusion: What seems foreign ,seems better,is better??

True Balanbam ,
    I mean look at Pochettino change of shape and personell , removing full backs and going long.
    I liked him before but his thinking was decisive enough to make a difference to get spurs to the final.
    Not many if any English managers would have done it.
    Maybe there is something in that, a European view of our game is just better

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    True Balanbam ,
    I mean look at Pochettino change of shape and personell , removing full backs and going long.
    I liked him before but his thinking was decisive enough to make a difference to get spurs to the final.
    Not many if any English managers would have done it.
    Maybe there is something in that, a European view of our game is just better
    Come on army, get with it ---how long has Argentina been part of Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Well , ignoring the fact that most of the players are not English.....4 English teams in both of the European cup finals ;
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Tottenham
    Arsenal

That must be a good thing for the future of English football....if you know what I mean ?
    map --I conclude that there is more than a hint of sarcasm in your last question and I totally agree!

4 teams who used a total of 56 players in these semi-final second legs and there were just a total of 11 English players involved. Of those 11, just 8 were in the starting line up and 3 of those were later substituted. The three who came on as substitutes completed a total of 17 minutes on the field in total.
    Just 5 players played the full 90+ minutes and these were Trent Alexander-Arnold, James Milner and Jordan Henderson of Liverpool, Deli Alli of Spurs and Ainsley Maitland-Niles of Arsenal.

So, as you say, "That must be a good thing for the future of English football......"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)