+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parking fines in Supermarkets

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I got one of these from the Holiday Inn at Edinburgh Airport. The thing that pi55ed me off was that I was actually in there having lunch and a drink waiting on sis in law. Apparently, I had to register with them, that I was using the car park. I obviously didnt, as I didnt read that bit of small print and got a ticket through the mail a few weeks later.
    Got three follow ups saying they may take me to court, then nothing.
    It's interesting that they obviously get access to the DVLA database to acertain the address of the car owner, which suggests some degree of legality.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    It's interesting that they obviously get access to the DVLA database to acertain the address of the car owner, which suggests some degree of legality.
    I'm presuming there is some kind of payment to the DVLA for the use of their service. I've read a few things about countries in the EU being able to access the data for different kind of fines that UK reg vehicles pick up abroad.

I'm sure I read this once upon on here a long time ago, but they cannot touch you for this in Scotland something to do with it not being a criminal matter. I think they hoover up enough from the daft sods that do pay them than worry too much about the ones that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Shocking advice. You did the 'crime' FtH, you should pay the fine. Ignore this lawless bunch, hopefully old bill/karma catches up with them.

Incidentally Mason, did I ever chip in for that parking fine you got for the Dons Huns game? I know it was my intention, just wondering if i ever got round to it.
    No, you didn’t.

‘Park outside the titty bar, it’ll be fine’

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It used to be that they had no legal force but that they would plague you with threats which of course is water off a duck's back to most of us but can spook the wives a bit.

However, I'm sure that they won some court case a couple of years ago putting them on a stronger footing.

I noticed it at the time but don't remember any of the details.
    That's right enough.

It used to be sit tight, do nowt and they'll escalate but take it no further.

Now, however, some of the companies are taking legal action in pursuit.

What company is it with Min?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm sure I read this once upon on here a long time ago, but they cannot touch you for this in Scotland something to do with it not being a criminal matter. I think they hoover up enough from the daft sods that do pay them than worry too much about the ones that don't.
    Historically, that's right.

But recently, as I said, some companies have started raising civil proceedings in pursuit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12