+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burnley v Arsenal (did kick off at 3pm Sunday 12th May 2019)

Burnley 1 Arsenal 3 (Barnes 65')(Aubameyang 52' 63' Nketiah (94')

Burnley: Heaton; Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor; Hendrick (Brady 82), Westwood, Cork, McNeil (Gudmundsson 64); Barnes, Wood (Crouch 77). Substitutes: Hart, Hart, Ward, Vydra, Long.

Booked: Heaton, Barnes, Tarkowski, Lowton, Cork

Arsenal: Leno; Lichtsteiner, Mustafi, Mavropanos (Koscielny 35), Monreal; Elneny, Guendouzi; Mkhitaryan, Willock (Nketiah 62), Iwobi; Aubameyang. Substitutes: Cech, Lacazette, Maitland-Niles, Kolasinac, Xhaka.

Booked: Guendouzi

Referee: Mike Dean

Attendance: 21,461

I haven't seen or heard anything, were we ****e again, or robbed by the referee ? Is it worth me recording and watching the 30 minutes highlights on Sky ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I haven't seen or heard anything, were we ****e again, or robbed by the referee ? Is it worth me recording and watching the 30 minutes highlights on Sky ?
    I'd record it Sinkov.....then watch it but, only backwards....we'll only get a draw but you'll have reversed the mistakes and have an extra half hour to play with.

Listened to it on the wireless,sounded a cracking game to watch.. It's a shame we can't beat the Arse though..

S.D Post Match.

"the cutting edge was lacking"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48248191

The cutting edge has been missing most of the season but to be fair the first half was very enjoyable and we could have been two goals up at half time. Cork was playing a blinder mid-field after every ball just a shame it was his too short ball to Mee that let them in for their first goal. However we can only take another look at the ineptitude of Mike Dean to realise what the inevitable outcome of the game was going to be. He seems to have torn up the rule book and written his own. Big clubs i.e., the 'top six' shouldn't need the ref's help to win matches, but they invariably get it at the expense of the 'little clubs' getting nowt.
    I've not renewed my season ticket. I can truthfully say that I've not really enjoyed much of what I've seen this season but the real reason is my mate, after 60 years of loyal support has deemed it time to hang up the car keys and give up the 150 mile round trip to each home game. (I'm local). We will come to the odd game but all good things must come to an end. I shall carry on reading the posts on here as they make me laugh now and again. I hope Garlick finds the keys to the dry powder room and gives Sean what he deserves to get some decent players in. The supporters deserve it too. Have a great summer you guys.

Well I watched it and was quite pleasantly surprised, and indeed we were robbed by the referee. I'm not a fan of VAR, but I am coming round to it, with Dean guessing about the Barnes incident and a ludicrous penalty awarded to Cardiff at Old Trafford, maybe it will do more good than harm. It can hardly make the situation worse and our refs clearly need all the help they can get.

Of course it kicks off at 3pm Sub, just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on here, but you and me both knew that anyway didn't we.
    Deepest apologies for that one gentlemen. Alto had correctly put a three o'clock kick off, I was jumping in the car with the Child Bride heading off up north when my son rang me and insisted it was a two o'clock kick off. He is always right on such matters, so like an eejit I changed it. Only when I was in the pub in Whitby did I realise my lad was wrong. I will poke his eye out with a sharp stick next time I see him, apologies Alto I thought it was a typo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)