+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no reason given

no reason given

Recently I got this when logging on. I have checked my history and there is NOTHING but predictions and the odd comment that most certainly was not even remotely controversial. What sort of forum bans people for no reason and won't even give a reason? It must be a mistake but I am past caring.
    Hoping Leeds do well, but had enough of this forum. I have tried to contact the editor for a reason, but never had a reply. So I have altered my name from 'oranjewhite' to 'oranje white' just to say Good luck to LUFC but I won't be coming back to this poorly run blog that refuses to acknowledge a mistake has been made.
    This is what I got when logging in;

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Forgot to mention, as oranjewhite, I have never been on another teams site causing trouble. Have been a regular predictor (came 3rd = a few years ago) and occasional commenter on the Leeds site only, and have been a member for many many years, so this ban is ridiculous and unwarranted. All I can think of the word "oranjewhite" may have been picked up as a white supremacist thingy because of the word "white" ???? But that doesn't really make sense as likely other members with same word in their ID. But other than that ....not a clue. And to be banned forever for "no reason given" is just lazy and amateurish by the powers in charge. Hope nobody else gets anything similar. I'll be watching the next three (I hope) games for sure.

Are you Dutch perchance? I got banned on the DCFC Mad board. I also got "no reason given". I know the Mod on there so I asked why. He investigated for me and it seems that I had used the word "v i t a l", spaces in there to avoid a repeat ban, that being the name of a rival forum. I managed to get the ban overturned.

If you are Dutch "ik hoop dat wij twee zeer goede wedstrijden zien en dat de beste ploeg over die twee wedstrijden zegeviert"

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje White View Post
    Recently I got this when logging on. I have checked my history and there is NOTHING but predictions and the odd comment that most certainly was not even remotely controversial. What sort of forum bans people for no reason and won't even give a reason? It must be a mistake but I am past caring.
    Hoping Leeds do well, but had enough of this forum. I have tried to contact the editor for a reason, but never had a reply. So I have altered my name from 'oranjewhite' to 'oranje white' just to say Good luck to LUFC but I won't be coming back to this poorly run blog that refuses to acknowledge a mistake has been made.
    This is what I got when logging in;

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    Not wanting to wind you up any more than you already are, but why not continue to use the forum with your new name? Not doing so because the "system" has f00ked up seems a bit "cutting nose off to spite face"-ish?

I'm sure others would agree that we'd rather have you here with a space in your name than not at all, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Are you Dutch perchance? I got banned on the DCFC Mad board. I also got "no reason given". I know the Mod on there so I asked why. He investigated for me and it seems that I had used the word "v i t a l", spaces in there to avoid a repeat ban, that being the name of a rival forum. I managed to get the ban overturned.

If you are Dutch "ik hoop dat wij twee zeer goede wedstrijden zien en dat de beste ploeg over die twee wedstrijden zegeviert"
    En dat de beste ploeg wordt Leeds United!😉

Hola, dos cervezas por favor.

First I've heard of your being banned - I can think of plenty of others that would be nearer the top of any such list!

Did someone have a bad time in Blackpool?

Not sure I can find much out (Wortley's more of our Miss Marple), but will have a look later.

Just seen this (been away for a couple of days with family scattering my sister in laws ashes)

As I have literally just got back can't do anything tonight but I will see what I can find out next week.

Our forum seems pretty loose on the bans compared some of the others I've heard about. Only been banned once, back in the League one days, and I was a little over the top. Had some help getting reinstated. we've had some real wind up merchants over the years and they were one a long time.

My guess is that it was a some clown filed a complaint or just scrolling through and saw the name and complained? May have been random.

My ban was not from one of our moderators but some centralized outfit moderator. I bet that happened here. WG will get you fixed up if that's the case. Don't take it out on her or the board because some faceless bureacrat with no Leeds affiliation hammered you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Spot on mate. It's a long story ,perhaps I will tell it sometime.. Without using that word..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)