+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul warne voted

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    One betting site has Paul as favourite and Steve second favourite....I didn't think betting sites got things wrong...
    Or - perhaps they have parted company ?
    I bow to your superior knowledge indeed Paul & Steve have applied separately for the job. They must have had a hip-op to separate them.

Sky bet has Evans as favourite at odds on 1/2 and Raynor is 5/4.
    If SE gets the job the Gills will have to approach Peterborough to sort some cash details out.
    Mark Paterson ex-Gills player is currently caretaker manager at Gillingham....
    Would he want to work with Evans or Raynor ?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    So little respect for the opinions of other people who are a) fellow fans and b) fellow intelligent beings.

Again, I say, there is nothing wrong with your analyses of what has happened (at least from the way you see it) but why the need to repeat endlessly the same arguments and why be so generally deprecating towards others on here who have different opinions?

For the avoidance of doubt, comments like:

"I only respond to the most stupid of comments when I feel historical fact needs to be respected."

and

"most folk on MM are habitual re-writers of history"
    CT, there is no way you will convince this guy on any matter regarding anything in the world or on any subject. You must accept as must everyone else that he is no way wrong in anything that he writes and get on with life as if he isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    CT, there is no way you will convince this guy on any matter regarding anything in the world or on any subject. You must accept as must everyone else that he is no way wrong in anything that he writes and get on with life as if he isn't there.
    Frog, I'm ok with his line of argument and, while I don't necessarily agree with it, he has every right to his opinions and I'm not going to try to get him to modify them. What I don't feel we need on this board is endless repetition of the same point and arrogance and rudeness towards the board community at large who don't happen to share his views.

I've said my piece to him. I will, as you say, get on with life now!

"CT, there is no way you will convince this guy on any matter regarding anything in the world or on any subject. You must accept as must everyone else that he is no way wrong in anything that he writes and get on with life as if he isn't there"

As I do you and the PW fan club.

A bit of mutual respect at last.

I have loads of your relatives in my 3 ponds - I'll take good care of them - the grandkids love them. Nice with garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    "CT, there is no way you will convince this guy on any matter regarding anything in the world or on any subject. You must accept as must everyone else that he is no way wrong in anything that he writes and get on with life as if he isn't there"

As I do you and the PW fan club.

A bit of mutual respect at last.

I have loads of your relatives in my 3 ponds - I'll take good care of them - the grandkids love them. Nice with garlic.
    Just wierd!

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    IBJ has struck again.
    Well spotted BOTN. T71 has been very quiet on Banter for quite a while. I now await the reincarnation of our top racing tipster who was always more right than he was wrong. Any day now I reckon.

The act of condescending; a manner of behaving toward others in an outwardly polite way that nevertheless implies one's own superiority to the others; patronizing courtesy toward inferiors.

That about sums up the MM "elite".

There's a small unit of friends that the rest has to "put up with" who no matter how well an discussion is put together will never be swayed from their own repetitive opinions. Football is about "opinions" alas some do only have selective memory to suit their own agenda. This is only natural and should be accepted.

The condescension is childish and disrespectful to other members.

We move on.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I was purely making people aware of the achievement.

Just shows what other people think of the job he has done.
    Yes it does. Who they were, how many they were, how often they had seen RUFC play and whether their surnames were Warne does however remain unknown.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234