+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keepers

Keepers

Not happy about the idea of not replacing Garrat in nets.

I don’t think Will did well enough to suggest he’s ready to be a first choice keeper yet and Richards hasn’t managed to keep a struggling Garrat out of the side.

I think they played Garratt irrespective of Richards hoping to get a transfer fee for him, but in reality nobody is going to pay for a below average keeper. Richards was and is the better keeper, would like to see Will given his chance he looks to have way more potential than Garratt ever had and look how many games Garratt racked up. But taking your point 1 injury and you are very short unless one of the other youth keepers is showing potential ?

Well he can’t have more potential than Garrett ever had as Ben was the England Under 17 keeper in that age group World Cup and I don’t see Will in the same mode. I would agree that Ben hasn’t developed as we (and he) hoped he would but it can’t be argued he didn’t have potential - a certain Jordan Pickford was his understudy!! Decent squad too - Nick Powell, Max Clayton, Nathan Redmond and Raheem Sterling - whatever happened to him?